• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Dwell, Dig, Shake - Full Short Film

So, my short film 'Dwell, Dig, Shake' is now on Vimeo. The whole film was shot outside of film school in my spare time between February and April of this year. I purposely set out to make something that was fun, seeking inspiration from a lot of old cult films, casting only "non-actors" and friends, and shooting with pretty much no budget at all.

I was originally intending on showing it at some film festivals, however, the final product is way too long to screen in most short film programs.

Anyways, enough with the talking, here is the final film:

https://vimeo.com/75711520

Thanks for watching!

I liked it! The cinematography and score is great (besides that Die Young song. It felt really out of place). Well directed as well.

I feel like it drags at times though. It just goes on and on, and when it feels like the film is leading up to something, nothing happens. It's very interesting to watch, but it felt flat and bland, and not in that fun Jarmusch way. It felt lacking. Tighter editing, less scenes, maybe some more strange dream sequences, like the color one on the beach.

Anyway, nice work! I hope to see more from you :)

I liked it! The cinematography and score is great (besides that Die Young song. It felt really out of place). Well directed as well.

I feel like it drags at times though. It just goes on and on, and when it feels like the film is leading up to something, nothing happens. It's very interesting to watch, but it felt flat and bland, and not in that fun Jarmusch way. It felt lacking. Tighter editing, less scenes, maybe some more strange dream sequences, like the color one on the beach.

Anyway, nice work! I hope to see more from you :)

Thanks man, I'm glad you liked it!

And YESSSS, I definitely agree with you, it does drag at times. I had a very specific direction with the whole film, but things got a little crazy since I was in front of the camera the whole time. I'm not acting in my next short film so pacing is one of the big things that I really need to work on. Also, I won't be doing the editing myself on my next project, so I'll have someone who will be able to call bullshit on me whenever I am refusing to cut a shot, haha.

Thanks for the feedback though, I really appreciate it!

Thanks man, I'm glad you liked it!

And YESSSS, I definitely agree with you, it does drag at times. I had a very specific direction with the whole film, but things got a little crazy since I was in front of the camera the whole time. I'm not acting in my next short film so pacing is one of the big things that I really need to work on. Also, I won't be doing the editing myself on my next project, so I'll have someone who will be able to call bullshit on me whenever I am refusing to cut a shot, haha.

Thanks for the feedback though, I really appreciate it!

Thanks for the response! Can't wait to see the next one. :)

Back