DVD's with SEPARATE SOUND TRACKS?(NO SCORE, SCORE ONLY, NO DIALOGUE...?

heard about movie dvd editions like that - you could select to play only certain sound tracks with image, flitering out music, sfx, etc.... do they exist? do they require a special player?
thx :D

Hi, yes they exist, I don't remenber , I have one or two DVD like those. The have the "normal" track and another audio track with only music. You can select that track like you select any normal track, for example, english, spanish....

You shouldn't need a special player. Alternate soundtracks are pretty common; used a lot for director/actor commentaries, too.

If done right, you can even change the angle of the scene being viewed. That would rely on the filmmakers having used multiple cameras, though.

No special player needed. It's all dependant on how the DVD was authored. Not all have alternate audio tracks or seperate video angles, but if they are available on the DVD, any basic player should be able to utilize them.

Exactly. If you go to the store and look on the DVD features chances are there will be multiple language tracks, and (what I always look for) directors' and possibly others' commentaries. Ive seen some with just the film soundtrack too which is cool. All total from the authoring side you can have up to 99 audio tracks (which is as many as most players can handle).

Back