Don't fall into the trap.

Actually, it's completely the other way around, cinematography is more exact and less subject to artistic choices than audio!

It's good to know APE. It's just the way I like the world. The more subjective things are, the less the experts can tell me, I can't join their fancy club (most of the time I don't want to join anyway), because I haven't read their book of rules. Some could still tell me that, but I already feel differently knowing how you experts feel.

Maybe this thread will help you understand sound design a little better.
G

Thanks for this link. It's amazing. I had missed it. It's fantastic actually. Thanks for taking the time to do that post. I'm not going to finish reading it right now, but I'm definitely coming back to it tonight.

My apologies to the OP if I strayed from the subject at all. My intention was just to point out that I agree with the OP's sentiment, and that a lot of us filmmakers spend our time, impressing each other with our knowledge of lenses (which is actually quite important, as I'm learning at the moment), and less time figuring out how to use that knowledge on a budget. That's all.

Back