• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Does anyone own any Desinger's Edge Clamp lights?

I've been trying to find out what the voltage on desinger's edge clamp lights are, I've emailed amazon, the seller and the manufacturer (who didn't respond) without any luck.

Just for clarification, it's these ones:

http://www.amazon.com/Designers-Edg...1344433248&sr=8-2&keywords=designer+edge+e245

I live in Australia (230v 50hz) so I'm hope the voltage range is 110-240v 50/60hz so I can buy some online.

If someone owns some could you pretty please let me know the supported voltage?

Thanks so much!

P.S. It might be a stab in the dark asking this too, but if anyone knows of some decent clamp lights with that voltage range 110-240v 50/60hz, please mention! Preferably from amazon or ebay! - probably pushing it though!

NEED CHEAP LIGHTS!!@

The bulbs are what determine the voltage, without a bulb it's essentially an extension cord. It uses a typical edison (a socket) bulb, or at least typical for America. If your light bulbs are the same socket then it'll be fine on 240v.

these are sold in hardware and farm stores. Sometimes used as fixtures for heat lights to keep hatch lings warm.

Yep and for some reason they are apparently not sold in Australia... go figure.

The US uses 120v/50Hz so that's what those lamps will be.

I suspect you can use these with the proper adaptor.

I was just hoping that, some some other products, they would support different voltages. One of my Blu-ray players that I bought from the US supports 110-240v 50/60Hz.

The bulbs are what determine the voltage, without a bulb it's essentially an extension cord. It uses a typical edison (a socket) bulb, or at least typical for America. If your light bulbs are the same socket then it'll be fine on 240v.

Hmmm.... don't mean to offend but how sure are you about this?

Back