• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Documentary about World of Warcraft trailer

Look interesting. I don't think a trailer is supposed to be that long though, you might wanna cut it down a bit.

I like the name of your production company :P

Yea we really tried to be short and sweet. Things get outta hand, real fast in the editing room. I would have no idea what to chop but im certainly going to aim for 2 and a half minutes for the next trailer. My hat is off to the guys that make trailers for a living.

Lol, well hey, it's more than I've ever done, so you're already a champ in my books :) And it's a doco about WoW! Double win :D
Good luck with the next trailer. When's it being released? And where?

Heh, neckbeards & poopsockery. :lol:

As a longtime MMORPG player, I hope it turns out well enough to capture the non-gamer viewer... though at 12 million WOW players, you've got one heck of an audience built in already.

Tbh, trailer was looooong. Also quite repetitive. Are you shooting any more footage, or soley in edit mode?

Hope it turns out well for ya. :)

I third that motion -- too long (and too slow). I'd try to keep this trailer under 1 minute, and fast-paced. I also agree that this could be a goldmine for potential audience. Good luck!

Hahahaha you know the term poopsock!!!! You MUST be in the club.

The film is actually aimed at a non-Warcraft audience. The trailer, however is an intro for the community.

The film is about 80% in the can. All we have left is the actual push by the guild to get first place.

In the film we follow 5 of the players lives and then the whole 25man group interacting at Blizzcon (think StarTrek convention). The end is where we show them all pushing for first place and is what we are working on now.

I definitely learned my lesson on the length. Its funny, in the editing room and even till you guys mentioned it, I thought it was fast paced. Thanks for having a look folks. It has very helpful.

John

Back