decide between two cameras... help

Hello.
I have decided to shoot a short film in black and white (not my first time) but i have to decide between 2 cameras.
The first is a dslr the nikon d5000 with a 50mm f1.4 lens and some other professional lenses and the second choice is a Canon XL-1 . which would you use?

thank you very very much in advance

I'd go with the DSLR.

Not that I know much about cameras, but we used one last month and it was astonishing.

Also, your cast & crew will be all :crazy: when they first see it - and later they'll be
smiley_mono.gif

I'm pretty sure the D5000 only shoots 720p24, not full HD. Still a huge improvement of the picture from the XL1 though, so I think I'd go for the DSLR. You'll definitely need to record sound separately if you go for the Nikon, unless you're shooting a silent film obviously.

Hello.
I have decided to shoot a short film in black and white (not my first time) but i have to decide between 2 cameras.
The first is a dslr the nikon d5000 with a 50mm f1.4 lens and some other professional lenses and the second choice is a Canon XL-1 . which would you use?

thank you very very much in advance

if you want a camera that shoots 1080i 24p, then go with the Canon EOS Rebel T2i. its a DSLR just like the d5000, but its around $900 (with lens) and well worth it

Back