• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Crash The Super Bowl (11/15)

Are you going to enter Crash The Super Bowl?

• Yes

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
I'm working with Doritos on their annual Crash the Super Bowl contest - we're calling all aspiring filmmakers to submit their 30-second masterpiece promoting Doritos or Pepsi MAX (or both). You could win $25,000 just for being one of the 10 finalists; take it all the way and you could win up to $2,000,000! Deadline for entries is November 15th, and you can submit yours starting September 27th, so get filming already!

Here's the official site for complete details: Crashthesuperbowl.com

As I said, I'm working with Doritos so if you have any questions about the contest, I'd be happy to answer them. Thanks! :yes:

Do you have a particular talent release form that you want used, or is a generic one ok?

According to the official rules:
Each person whose image, likeness and/or voice appears in a Finalist video must agree that he/she will execute a standard SAG Commercials Contract, will accept minimum scale compensation and talent residuals and will be bound by the terms and conditions of such contract, including exclusivity.

Does that answer your question?

According to the official rules:
Each person whose image, likeness and/or voice appears in a Finalist video must agree that he/she will execute a standard SAG Commercials Contract, will accept minimum scale compensation and talent residuals and will be bound by the terms and conditions of such contract, including exclusivity.

Does that answer your question?

hmm, so you're saying I can't use any actors who are willing to work for free? Although I guess that's irrelevant if I win 25,000 then I can afford to give them scale...

Does the use of a SAG contract mean the actor has to be a member of the union? Can I just go to the SAG website and print out the standard commercial contract? I'd like to get the paperwork squared away on the day of the shoot, rather than trying to track them down later if I make the finals...

Thanks!

Is there a limit to the sound design that can be done?

Any rules?

You're limited the pre-approved music on the site (must be used as-is), but other than that you should be fine.

From the official rules:
You may not include any music except for the pre-approved music provided on the Web Site. Approved music provided on the Web may not be altered. Use of any unauthorized music may result in disqualification of Submission, in Sponsors' sole discretion.
LINK

@tomfs09:

Thank you for your reply.

I have immense personal and studio SFX libraries I have access to. I heard from someone that there is a rule that I cannot use commercial sound libraries. Is this true? Is there a rule that any sound design must be done newly as new material and no commercial or private studio's libraries can be used?

You're limited the pre-approved music on the site (must be used as-is), but other than that you should be fine.

From the official rules:
You may not include any music except for the pre-approved music provided on the Web Site. Approved music provided on the Web may not be altered. Use of any unauthorized music may result in disqualification of Submission, in Sponsors' sole discretion.
LINK

Dude........:no: No ROC. go to the site. There is prepackaged music for you to use. Totaly weak. Change my vote to a probably

no. What a let down. It's like designing your own WoW character. Given the vitals of the person from the beginning, I bet you

could pretty much predict what "commercial" you would get.....but wait......the wheels are turning.

Last edited:
@tomfs09:

I have immense personal and studio SFX libraries I have access to. I heard from someone that there is a rule that I cannot use commercial sound libraries. Is this true? Is there a rule that any sound design must be done newly as new material and no commercial or private studio's libraries can be used?

That's a great question. I don't see anything about commercial sound effects in the rules, but I will see what I can find out for you (and quickly, since the deadline is approaching). Are you in the middle of production?

Dude........:no: No ROC. go to the site. There is prepackaged music for you to use. Totaly weak. Change my vote to a probably no. What a let down. It's like designing your own WoW character. Given the vitals of the person from the beginning, I bet you could pretty much predict what "commercial" you would get.....but wait......the wheels are turning.

Sorry to hear that the music limitations are discouraging, but I can assure you it's really a legal matter. Have you considered using no music at all? The winner from two years ago had a very minimal amount of music in their submission - sometimes less is more (pardon the cliche).

@tomfs09:

Got an answer for you: sound effects must be original sound effects created by you.
Unfortunately, you can't utilize sound effects from royalty-free or copyright-free libraries. Everything in the toolkit (music and sound effects) is open for use.

Back