Concerts for Youtube stars.

The New York Times has an article on how concert promoters are rushing to capitalize on the Youtube boom by promoting online stars. That's a good idea, but, first of all, if these Youtube personalities aren't making big money, will the concert promoters?

Time will tell.

I think the concerts would bring in more money than youtube.

The reason youtubers don't bring in big money is because of the way Adsense revenue functions.

Ticket sales are a completely different story

Pewdiepie makes like $6 million a year, is that not big money?

That would be big money, but is it confirmed? Forbes magazine referenced a Wall Street Journal article, but I can't access it, because I don't have a subscription. But, going by the Forbes magazine article, he's making $4 million in revenues, and, from what I've read, a million may not come to much profit - but I don't know that.

That would be big money, but is it confirmed? Forbes magazine referenced a Wall Street Journal article, but I can't access it, because I don't have a subscription. But, going by the Forbes magazine article, he's making $4 million in revenues, and, from what I've read, a million may not come to much profit - but I don't know that.

its not confirmed, 4 million is probably right. Why isn't a million much profit though? He just sits in his room and has to put in 0 effort compared to film makers.

I don't know, but, according to Business Insider, a Youtube star can gross six figures and still be poor.

Kay is probably getting by on less than 50% of what her videos make in gross revenue. In a $100,000 year, she might be looking at $15,000 annually, after YouTube's cut, taxes and editing costs, according to our back-of the-envelope math ($100,000 minus $45,000 for YouTube, minus 30% for the IRS, minus editing costs at $500 per week for 50 weeks).

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/how-much-money-youtube-stars-actually-make-2014-2#ixzz368VKpjvl

That said, once she pays her fixed costs, then anything about a few hundred thousand would be pure gravy. But, again, I don't know.

Back