• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Compositing problem with pinnacle 16

Okay so I just recently decided to try Pinnacle 16 out and see what it has to offer. Its a great editing program user friendly the works. The issue im having is compositing. I use the luma key to remove the black background from some effects I have (mainly fire or muzzle flash) and it composites out the background and some of the effect. If anyone has any information or links to some in depth tutorials please let me know. Its so frustrating.

Okay so I just recently decided to try Pinnacle 16 out and see what it has to offer. Its a great editing program user friendly the works. The issue im having is compositing. I use the luma key to remove the black background from some effects I have (mainly fire or muzzle flash) and it composites out the background and some of the effect. If anyone has any information or links to some in depth tutorials please let me know. Its so frustrating.

Can you change the blending mode to Add? Sometimes, that helps with luma key effects.

CraigL

Back