• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Color Correction /Grading

The teaser is in black & white, any chance of posting a scene or some stills from the film and explain what you might need in the coloring department?

This could help you find people that have the proper skills to do what you need under your proposed budget.

There are several here who could grade it, but it's a profession. When someone advertises a low-budget short, he/she is usually looking for volunteers.

So, wheat's advice is spot on. Take it on as DIY. Or have your editor do it. Most editors should be able to handle a simple grade.

If you do decide to hire someone to grade it for you, I would be very selective and I wouldn't post a general ad. A lot of people are awful at grading because it is a very hard skill to master. I would recommend watching other short films you think look really good, then contacting the director or editor or whoever colored it.

Depends on how the footage starts and what you're aiming for… simple CC could be a day of setup and a day or two of work. Full grade could take longer depending on what you're looking for.

We'd need to talk to figure out what needs be done to get the footage to me in a format I can work with. Messaging you with a phone number now.

Back