• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Cliche Zombie Flick trying to get original...

Ok, my friend and I love zombie movies, well the good ones, and we love filmmaking, so we decided to make a film about zombies!
We got the idea at work one day adn just kept talking about and talking about it...and decided we HAD to get something original in it...
so we brainstormed...and though "well they could be fast zombies" a la 28 days later, but that was in 28 days later...so we'll make em smarter faster zombies..that hunt in groups maybe..and thats where that stopped... im rambling on now so to the script...

(edit) we canned that script..we have a basic outline now..and we're gonna work on detailing it now..man writing scripts is hard

whiterabbit said:
Ever notice how in most zombie movies, zombies are pictured as the "bad guys"? If you follow the zombies instead of the hunters, it would be that much original. you know?

Chad

Unless you've seen the movie Shatterdead IMO one of the WORST movies I've seen. Pretty good general idea, but executed poorly. Just bad acting and bad shots. That kinda thing. But the idea was something to the effect of people wanting to live forever so they would turn themselves into zombies to live forever ( i.e. they wanted to live with someone they loved forever, or whatever the case may have been ) But the catch was that if they were hurt or ' damaged ' they couldn't heal them selves becasue they were dead. And because of no bloodflow, the guys coulnd't have an errection, so they couldn't have sex. Which leads to a scene in the end where one guy ties a handgun to his waist witha bathrobe 'belt ' to be able to 'do' this girl, using the shaft of the gun as his penis... and proceeds to ' do ' her with it. :?

Re: True Zombie Movie

clive said:
If you want to do a zombie film based on a more scientific approach, then you should check out any research you can find on the Zombies Haiti and Voodoo.

The whole zombie story starts there, whre Voodoo priests have been using various drugs to fake death and enslave people for centuries.

Hey that's just like the movie ' The Serpent and the Rainbow ' :lol:

NECRO!

Michael i totally scrapped this idea. But, this idea got me into indie filmmaking and helped me find this forum, welcome, i see you're relatively new, this is a great place to hang out/talk

Zombie-smileys! Rar!

smiley_zombie.gif

Back