• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Cell Phone Monologue

I was wondering about the audio, because in fine art museums like that, even just scraping footsteps can sometimes echo very loudly.

Thanks. As for the audio, it was a nightmare sound scenario. The air conditioners were abnormally loud and inconsistent, and we had to boom some really wide shots. In the end, it came down to a phenomenal sound recordist/mixer who did miracles with the audio in post. His name is Robin Gulcher with Magnetic Studios.

Great concept, good execution. but here's my criticism (if you want it)...

Some of the writing is forced. Seems like the actors keep repeating back the information so the audience knows what was said on the other line. I think you can get away with it a few times here and there, but when it's every single line it starts to feel very fake. There needs to be some lines that are more vague. It's ok to make your audience think a little bit and figure out what they're talking about without hearing both sides of it.

Back