Car Accident

How do I create a realistic car accident. and how do i attach the camera to the car without buying an expensive rig or scratching the paint?

If in doubt, don't

Any kind of filming that involves vehicles is potenially life threatening if something goes wrong. Even a small camera, mounted inside a car, can kill someone if you have to break hard and if hits the back of their head.

The only totally safe way to do this kind of stuff is to hire in people who can do this professionally.

I can think of a number of diferent ways of doing this without professional help, most of which involve clever storyboarding and editing. However, I'm loathed to share them, as I'm really nervous about anyone getting hurt.

I think, unless you're 100% confident that you can find someone with the experience of making this shot safely, you should ask yourself what purpose the crash plays in the story? It maybe that you can replace it with some other event that works just as well. If you absolutely must have this sequence, I would suggest that your real problem is "How can I raise the money to do this sequence with professional help?"

I know this probably isn't the answer you are looking for, but I couldn't sleep nights with any other answer.

Back