C- Clamp Jib

Fasten it all kinds of places.

CCLAMPJIB.jpg

-Thanks-

Thanks for checking it out.

I’m trying to figure out a way (Something like the diagram) to make the boom able to rotate and lock in place, the “stand” part telescope and tighten, and the clamp itself swivel/ratchet into multiple positions then tighten AND do it all with a bit less weight -so it can clamp in various positions to accommodate places like exposed floor/ceiling joists, the edge of stairs, to a door frame etc.

(I’m thinking total drum hardware mod is the key, but I do have this nice machined aluminum handle bar/forks clamp that's been flirting with me.)

ClampJibModa.jpg

-Thanks-

Last edited:
I got bored, so I threw this other boom on this “stand”.

OtherBoom1.jpg

I still need to make weight locks, round the sharp corners off, make a monitor bracket, do the safety step wrap, make corner pieces and maybe throw some casters on it.

-Thanks-

Thanks Goob (Welcome back BTW too). On that kind it doesn't pivot, just remains fixed. (Very crude and easy to make you know?) There are a few ways to make it tilt though.

On this last one the boom material is strong enough to play with some of the tilt ideas. Also it's threaded pipe at the end, so that gives some options. (I could also do the Knightly style cage for tilt, but I don't have the brackets on hand.)

See how it works in this pic below?

Tilt.jpg

Also notice the box steel (Like the support rail from a futon) it's made from? This is way nicer than using pipe (Like I do), because it's flat on flat surfaces, so zero twisting, and easy to use with bearings AND light.

I can never find futon frames though, but I have found some predrilled C Channel (Like a big Errector Set piece) that is only $20 for 8 or 10 feet. You could bolt on and unbolt all kind of crazy ways to do stuff and move the main pivot point wherever you wanted. (When I get some I will show you)

-Thanks-

Last edited:
This one was made with a little of the C Channel (Strut) material (Green), but not pre drilled (Or punched). This one makes me laugh. It has parts of an office chair, bedframe, and garage door in it.

crazyJib.jpg

CrazyJib2.jpg

Getting this thing apart was more work than putting it together.

-Thanks-

Nice hard wood is great to work with. (It’s light, easy to cut, easy to drill and paints up or stains really well.) Just use washers everywhere so the wood isn’t giving, and find some bolt insert sleeves for the pivot points so the wood also isn’t boring itself away.

The thing that keeps me from wood is Lazy Susan bearings for the rotation, I’m not a big fan, but check out Knightly’s (and gain input if you can), his is badass.

I’ve never done one with PVC, but I’m sure to a certain length it’s nice to work with too.

EDIT: Thanks man. I think everyone, or I want everyone to be creative in some way like that.
You wanting to make one means you are creative too, and that is awesome.

-Thanks-

Last edited:
Goob,

I’m glad you asked me about how to make the the heads tilit. I emulated the mechanical idea of that previous jib picture and:

Adjustablejib2.jpg

The head end and the “pivot fork” are little casters with the wheel rivets drilled off and threaded.

Adjustablejib1.jpg

-Thanks-

Back