• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Bunker - My post apo short movie, shot with a Red One

Some fully dressed set photos coming to my other thread this week. There is some 60's look to some of the items mixed with some 50's relics like a few civil defense posters on the walls.

The rationale, dialogue from the film;

Katie: How did you find this place?
Tom: (making tea at the camp stove) My neighbor Ed built it. Ed.... he was some kind of a a nut, militia crazy. He was at work when it happened. He never came home so...

Did he REALLY never come home or did somethuig else happpen to good ole Ed. By the end you wonder.

Non hijack attempt...

The OP's film is gorgeous. I'm almost glad I didn't seee this thread a month ago it might have unduly influenced me because the look is really beautiful.

Seems like Katie is a bit ungratefull, after all she is living off the prepartions of a "nut?"

Sound like the nut was more of a prophet..

just sayin.. :)

Reminds me of a Twilight Zone or Outer Limits episode. That is a good thing! A criticism if I may? The uncanny timing of the person responding to her calls at the moment of her attempting suicide felt a little unreal. In my opinion it would have worked better if she was day dreaming about suicide. Then a voice over of the person responding on the radio, shocking her back into reality, with the gun laying next to her.

Yes, i know it's a bit "simple and easy" to have the guy talk to her as she's ready to commit suicide... it's kinda unreal.
But it's a short movie, and i thought it would be more efficient on the viewers to do it this way.

Terrific short.

This is your first movie? I'm not gonna outright accuse you of lying, but...

Okay, I'm gonna outright accuse you of lying. Either this is not your first movie, or you received so much help from other people that it's not really your movie.

That's better than most TV shows out there...

How did you find and use the set? Especially the last shot of the stairs?

Terrific short.

This is your first movie? I'm not gonna outright accuse you of lying, but...

Okay, I'm gonna outright accuse you of lying. Either this is not your first movie, or you received so much help from other people that it's not really your movie.

Yes, it truly is my first shot. But i'm working with great people. My photo director is only 25 years old but works in a prestigious photo studio in paris, i found people who were ok to work with me and already had a RED camera, etc, etc...
This is only my first, and for the one i'm currently working on, I hope to do MUCH better.:yes:

That's better than most TV shows out there...
How did you find and use the set? Especially the last shot of the stairs?
There a region in France, Normandy, where germans built a lot of bunkers during WW2. So i tried to find one where there was electricity and where we could stay for 3 days of shooting.

For the last shot, it 's only a stair, with a HMI and some smoke.

That was great, I actually sat there feeling nervous for her the entire last few minutes.

One question. I'm confused about the ending. I had a feeling he was trying to get her location and it turned out right. However, was he the enemy? I sounded like he was the enemy country fooling her into giving her the last locations so they could kill her. But why does he say "My bunker is full and we have supplies"? If he is just another bunker in another city, how and why is he launching bombs at other bunkers?

That was great, I actually sat there feeling nervous for her the entire last few minutes.

One question. I'm confused about the ending. I had a feeling he was trying to get her location and it turned out right. However, was he the enemy? I sounded like he was the enemy country fooling her into giving her the last locations so they could kill her. But why does he say "My bunker is full and we have supplies"? If he is just another bunker in another city, how and why is he launching bombs at other bunkers?

I didnt answered those questions, cause i wanted to do a sequel to the short, with Marie going outside of the bunker. But i've got an other project to shoot first...

Back