Bullshit little baby

I just wanted to share how pissed I am of all the media talking around this little king baby or whatever in Britain .

Who gives a shit really ,baby like any other and I see hundreds of photographers with badass lenses and cameras wasting their time and talent on news that nobody actually cares about . It is all over the news ,everywhere around the world .

We have protests,people are dying on the streets ,news reporters don't seem to care , because this baby seems to be way more important .

Just wanted to share that i'd rather chop my hands off than seeing one more photographer with 5D and 70-200mm taking photos of some little baby and a god damn hospital .

To be honest I'm more bored about people complaining about it, like the media going overboard is a surprise to some people... If you don't wanna talk about it WHY YOU BRING IT UP BRO!!!!!

To be honest I'm more bored about people complaining about it, like the media going overboard is a surprise to some people... If you don't wanna talk about it WHY YOU BRING IT UP BRO!!!!!

Because it is literally EVERYWHERE. It does not matter if I open Facebook or some random internet page , if I watch TV or whatever there are pictures of this baby which looks exactly like every baby in the world . Thank god they were not twins.

Yeah I know what you mean you're on some subject specific forum and some douchebag starts banging on about the baby for no apparent reason ... oh hang on a minute.... :)

To be fair, no one was talking about it on this board until you posted ;)

I see hundreds of photographers with badass lenses and cameras wasting their time and talent on news that nobody actually cares about .

Except that there are a LOT of people out there who do care or the news wouldn't be covering it. You call it wasting their time and talent, but they are professionals who have to pay the bills and they go where the money is. Right now there is a lot of money for 'royal baby' photos. Can you blame them?

Whether you like it or not, the birth of a new heir to the British throne is history. People tend to want to document history. ;)

I am not talking about this board I do know that I am probably the first one who posted here ,what I was interested though is to find out how people from other countries feel about it and if it is the same there .

Who gives a shit really ,baby like any other and I see hundreds of photographers... It is all over the news ,everywhere around the world .

We have protests,people are dying on the streets ,news reporters don't seem to care , because this baby seems to be way more important ...
You've met people, right?
I'll take a wild guess that you're between the ages of 16-26yrs old.

Well, heads up: People are generally nice but stupid.

Let's look at media as a business rather than a public utility like water and electricity.
Businesses are in the business of making money.
Apple computers.
Canon cameras.
Caterpillar heavy equipment.
LUKOIL.
Agrotime.
Private colleges.
Private hospitals.
Communications providers.
Broadcast TV.
Newspapers & magazines.​
All of them are trying to generate more Revenue than Expenses to render Profit.

Communications, TV, newspapers & magazines are largely discretionary expenses for consumers.
Communications, TV, newspapers & magazines receive almost all of their revenue from advertising.
It is easier to get money from emotionally motivated liberal consumers than it is from prudish conservative (semi)consumers.
Thus, communications, TV, newspapers & magazines tend to provide their consumers with the tripe they wanna watch and read rather than the "boring" or "depressing" news that they don't understand, don't want to understand, or feel helpless about doing anything about it because they want results within a few weeks or months, not decades or as part of a perpetual ongoing process.

In the U.S. we got everyone going apesh!t over handguns and assault rifles, most recently because of the Sandy Hook Elementary school shooting on the coat tails of the Batman theater shooting and Arizona congresswoman shooting.
Great.
Fine.
Naturally, if you don't have any sharks you can be eaten by one. Therefore...
Goto pages 98 & 99: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr61/nvsr61_04.pdf
Code:
Cause of death, United States, 2010

All races, Both sexes

[U]Diseases of heart 			597,689[/U]
	Ischemic heart diseases		379,559	

[U]Influenza and pneumonia			50,097[/U]		

[U]Intentional self-harm (suicide)		38,364[/U]
	by discharge of firearms	19,392
	by other and unspecified means	18,972

[U]Assault (homicide) 			16,259[/U]
	by discharge of firearms	11,078
	by other and unspecified means	5,181

[U]Legal intervention			412[/U]
WTH does that mean?
WTH are "Ischemic heart diseases"?
http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/cad/causes.html
It means our fat @sses eat too much rubbish and don't get enough exercise.

It means ten times as many people die from Burger King and Krispy Kreme + cable TV than from Smith & Wesson and Colt.

It means washing your hands and stop visiting everyone during winter holidays would save twice as many people as banning all firearms.

It means for every... "might have been a bad judgement call on a cop" killing that 100,000 more people died of being fat lazy SOBs watching the "news" about cop killings and Prince William Duke of Cambridge because you can't have all the news be dreary killings and plane crashes.

THESE are the stupid people you share the planet with.

But don't worry about it. http://biblehub.com/mark/14-7.htm
Pretty much - you will also always have stupid people, and it isn't anything new.

Get over it.

Last edited:
Yeah I know what you mean you're on some subject specific forum and some douchebag starts banging on about the baby for no apparent reason ... oh hang on a minute.... :)

/thread. :lol:

0 interest in either the royal birth or the people who are mad that it is such a big hype machine.

Mr. OP: Spend that energy telling the stories or documenting the events you believe should be told/documented.

I don't watch tv that much so I don't really see it all the time..

why don't you go outside and explore the world that way you wont hear about it :)

I just wanted to share how pissed I am (...) Just wanted to share that i'd rather chop my hands off than seeing one more photographer with 5D and 70-200mm taking photos of some little baby and a god damn hospital .

Weird. I almost started a thread yesterday, about how disconcerting I found it that so many people I know on FB were ranting about how much they hated the Royal baby coverage. Like... a lot of them. I found it quite surprising, the generally wide upswell of vitriol from friends close & far. Almost a media moment in itself, seeing this kneejerk baby-slam reaction swirling through social media... where the opportunity to talk about any topic is 100% up to you. It was almost as if it was hip to be on the baby-hate parade.

But I didn't post that thread.

So, this pic's for you. :cool:

Attachments

• waving british flag.jpg
    waving british flag.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 85
Who cares about the media, it's all just a bunch of propaganda anyway. The only news show worth watching are satirical in nature, and air on Comedy Central! :D

NickysFX and all the rest of you who are so offended and annoyed - why aren't you writing, or shooting, or editing, or experimenting, or working at your day job, or making love to your significant other, or getting some exercise, or reading some technical material, or (fill in the blank)? Anyone who is annoyed by the media hype surrounding the new Prince of Cambridge has too much time on their hands. I think all of you spend your time watching news, haunting chat rooms, or whatever, specifically looking for things about which you can be annoyed. I only found out because it was the headline of the news on my internet login page. It took me about 30 seconds to scan the article, then I moved on. Time for all of you to move on as well.

Aw hell, I just can't resist.........

duchess_of_cambridge_prince_william_royal_baby_waving_1234_N2.jpg

Aw hell, I just can't resist.........

duchess_of_cambridge_prince_william_royal_baby_waving_1234_N2.jpg
:lol:LMAO!:lol:

I see ur lil babby and raise: http://www.todayonline.com/sites/de..._gallery_image_lightbox/public/15755628_0.JPG :D

793275206.gif

Followed by...

http://www.nytimes.com/most-popular-viewed
1. Spanish Train Inquiry Focuses on Driver With a Taste for Speed
By SILVIA TAULÉS and DOREEN CARVAJAL
A high-speed passenger train crashed in northwestern Spain on Wednesday night, killing dozens, according to judicial sources and local news reports.
Go to Article | Sign In to E-Mail​

2. Paula Deen’s Cook Tells of Slights, Steeped in History
By KIM SEVERSON
Dora Charles, who lives in an aging trailer home on the outskirts of Savannah, said Paula Deen held out the promise that together, they might get rich one day.

3. For Pippa Middleton, the Media’s Love Sours
By JENNIFER CONLIN
The British press turns on a famous sister (and now aunt.)

4. Weiner Admits to More Lewd Exchanges but Denies an Addiction
By JAVIER C. HERNÁNDEZ and MICHAEL BARBARO
Anthony D. Weiner, who is running for New York City mayor, said he had inappropriate online contact with up to three women after leaving Congress.

5. Many New York Women Are Baffled at Loyalty Shown by Weiner’s Wife
By MICHAEL M. GRYNBAUM and KATE TAYLOR
Women expressed surprise that Huma Abedin would help the mayoral campaign of her husband, Anthony D. Weiner, who faces new allegations of lewd online conduct.

6. DEALBOOK SAC Capital Is Indicted, and Called a Magnet for Cheating
By PETER LATTMAN and BEN PROTESS
The 41-page indictment, which includes four counts of securities fraud and one count of wire fraud, charges the hedge fund and its subsidiaries with carrying out a broad insider trading scheme between 1999 and 2010.

7. U.S. Asks Court to Limit Texas on Ballot Rules
By ADAM LIPTAK and CHARLIE SAVAGE
Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. indicated that the move is probably just the start of a federal effort to reimpose “preclearance” requirements.

8. OP-ED COLUMNIST Windsors Versus Weiner
By GAIL COLLINS
Politicians who crave the spotlight a bit too much make you wonder if a monarchy and just one family to fawn over might be the better way to go.

9. OP-ED COLUMNIST Standing Our Ground
By CHARLES M. BLOW
America should take stock of where the power structures are leading us and how they play on our fears to feed their fortunes.

10. House Defeats Effort to Rein In N.S.A. Data Gathering
By JONATHAN WEISMAN
The 217-205 vote was far closer than expected and displayed the shifting allegiances and fierce lobbying on both sides of the issue.

11. Madison Square Garden Is Told to Move
By CHARLES V. BAGLI
After a vote of 47 to 1, the New York City Council notified the Garden that it had to start looking for a new home, its fifth since opening in 1879.

12. THE LEDE Spanish Train Crash Captured on Video
By ROBERT MACKEY and CHRISTINE HAUSER
Security-camera footage leaked to the public via YouTube captured the moment on Wednesday that a passenger train derailed outside Santiago de Compostela in northwestern Spain, killing at least 78 people.

13. Assange Seeks Seat in the Australian Senate
By MATT SIEGEL
Questions remain about whether Julian Assange can take office if he wins the election, given that he is holed up in Ecuador’s embassy in London.

14. Account of Weiner’s Online Exchanges Fits Pattern
By MICHAEL BARBARO and NICK CORASANITI
Racy conversations with Anthony D. Weiner began after a 22-year-old woman reached out to express her disappointment in him, according to the editor of the blog that first documented the relationship.

15. DEALBOOK U.S. Says Ring Stole 160 Million Credit Card Numbers
By NATHANIEL POPPER and SOMINI SENGUPTA
The scheme ran from 2005 until last year and caused hundreds of millions of dollars in losses, prosecutors said.

16. The New Audio Geeks
By STEVEN KURUTZ
A high-tech audience catches on to the appeal of high fidelity.

17. NEWS ANALYSIS Some Democrats Look to Push Party Away From Center
By JONATHAN MARTIN
Amid increasing cohesion on the cultural issues that once split Democrats, progressives are arguing that the party must push more aggressively to reduce income disparity.

18. Scores Reported Dead as Train Derails in Spain
By RAVI SOMAIYA and FRANCES ROBLES
A high-speed passenger train crashed in northwestern Spain on Wednesday night, killing at least 77 people and leaving at least 100 injured, according to judicial sources and local news reports.

19. WELL Can You Get Too Much Exercise?
By GRETCHEN REYNOLDS
Study of endurance athletes who participated in the Vasaloppset, a grueiling 56-mile cross-country ski marathon in Sweden, as well studies in rats raise new questions about the heart dangers of intense and prolonged exercise, while other research points to the benefits of moderation.

20. Scientists Trace Memories of Things That Never Happened
By JAMES GORMAN
Scientists say they have created a false memory in a mouse, providing detailed clues to how such memories may form in human brains.

Last edited:
I just wanted to share how pissed I am of all the media talking around this little king baby or whatever in Britain .

Who gives a shit really ,baby like any other and I see hundreds of photographers with badass lenses and cameras wasting their time and talent on news that nobody actually cares about . It is all over the news ,everywhere around the world .

We have protests,people are dying on the streets ,news reporters don't seem to care , because this baby seems to be way more important .

Just wanted to share that i'd rather chop my hands off than seeing one more photographer with 5D and 70-200mm taking photos of some little baby and a god damn hospital .

Yes, the media does turn it into something bigger than it really is, and there are horrible things going on the world. But why do you care so much? Why are you so angry? Chill out man. If you don't something, change the channel or flip the page. I looked at an article and a picture or two of it (like most things), and moved on.

I feel like an idiot responding to these threads. I should be doing something like writing a screenplay or finish editing the short film I'm working on. I'm going to do something productive.

Why is it here anyway? This is a place for talk about movies and indie filmmaking.
Sub-Forums : IndieTalk Discussion
Forum
The Lobby (36 Viewing)
General discussion related to movies.

Indie Talk (14 Viewing)
The indie scene. News, reviews, and discussion.

The Lounge (8 Viewing)
Off-topic discussion. Hobbies, music, etc.​

Technically this thread should be in "The Lounge" where it's a free for all, but I'll guess the "infrequent" OP read the "news" criteria under "Indie Talk", not realizing it meant "indie [filmmaking] scene news", and the rest is history.

Just a guess. ;)

Back