Building alien autopsy prop

How might I create an alien like this one? With clay and then latex and then acrylic paint?
I'm looking to create an album cover.
dead_alien_picture_12.jpg

Tomorrow is the day after Halloween - hit all of the shops for close-out items; there should be all kinds of interesting things.

You may also want to check out your local medical/veterinary school; they have plastic models for the med students and occasionally toss out the old, broken ones.

Then, of course, you can be creative on your own. My daughter made a Halloween costume last year that had her guts hanging out; she used old nylon stockings, pillow ticking and an interesting paint job to make some very realistic intestines.

How might I create an alien like this one? With clay and then latex and then acrylic paint?
I'm looking to create an album cover.
dead_alien_picture_12.jpg

Umm... with a ton of experience.

I don't think you can just "make" stuff like these, even if you obtain the professional tools/materials.
Just as a novice filmmaker won't be able to make "Days of Heaven" if he/she has the most badass professional gear.

Practice practice practice :)

There is a forum called The Replica Props Forum that consists of amatures who try to replicate professional artists' work on movie props. You might do a search there for "airbrush" "silicone" "casting" and "gore" but don't bother with searching for the word "Alien" or you will just find the folks who are replicating the beast from the Ridley Scott franchise. I'd take Bob's advice and go shopping for a mask to save a ton of time. On this, I think the skin tone paint job would be what sells the effects.

I'd be a whole lot easier if I could find out who snapped that picture, where it came from, etc. Anyone know? I'd like to pay for licensing rights.
Something like this would work work too.
6a00d8341c5d3253ef00e54f0d48688833800wi.jpg

Last edited:
Back