170.00 curior charge for camera package
600.00 Small fill light and interior light package 200.00 per day x 3 days
100.00 2k blonde 50.00 per day x 2 lights x 1 day
17.00 3 rise combo stand 8.50 per day x 2 stands
225.00 Flag and net set 75.00 per day x 3 days
192.00 Cstands 8.00 per day x 3 days x 8 stands

2679.00 Sub total

Keep in mined this is for one weekend shoot Fri - Sun

I have been asked about how to do a budget for a shoot, and on the site I have not seen any posts on budgets and how to do them so here it is.

Up here in Canada this is how I do it, may not be the same down your way.

1. I call the production Companys like Lighting and Grip shops ask them to fax me a list of how much per day and so on, also may ask them how much for 3 grips and 3 lighting boys.
2. lock down you camera gear on a how much per day deals are good if you know the right people.
and last hope you have some friends that are good actors with nice homes that you can shoot in Oh and Loactions try and keep it to maybe three places just to keep the price down on that.

If I left anything out sorry.

Cheers
Jordan

Thanks for that, Jordan. It’s always interesting to see what other people are budgeting for their shoots.

Here in Los Angeles, we can usually get a one day rental for the weekend - pick up of Friday, return on Monday and pay for one day. I’ve negotiated deals where I pick up on Thursday (after 5PM) and return on Monday for a 1 1/2 day rate.

I notice you don’t budget for food. Or expendable. Or for props and costumes. And then there’s the obvious things like shooting stock. When I can’t pay my cast a crew I always feed them and I try to toss them $10 each for gas. These things can really add up when putting together a budget.

It’s cool to see the day rates are about the same in Vancouver as in L.A.

I would have put that in but I allways think of it as a given that most inde shoots are bring your own stuff ( props setdeck ) however yes food is payed for by myself or the wife.

gas well thats one other thing that we dont pay for other then myself and the wife so its more of a given again. be nice to your actors but never the extras LOL jokes

Back