British IndieTalk Film Fest????

I saw there was an IndieTalk event out in the US and was wondering if I could be allowed by the mods to create one in the UK?

I would also wonder if any of the British IT film makers would be interested in screening their stuff?

My suggestion would be something like a tenner a ticket to cover the cost of hiring a cinema screen on a Saturday night (expensive), a few awards for different genre films (e.g. audience award for best horror short etc...) and meeting up in a pub afterwards for a few beers. Any surplus cash would simply go into a beer kitty.

Would the mods allow this and would any of you British Indietalkers be interested in showing their stuff, meeting other film makers etc... in London?

The Indie Meet isn't an 'official' IT endeavor. That's something that scoopiman puts together out of the goodness of his heart and by his own effort. (It also isn't IT exclusive, afaik)

So yeah, dude. If you wanna do it, just set it up. Get in contact with the local indigenous filmmaker population and do it. Hell, I hear the weather's been nice enough out your way to just find someone with a projector, hang up a sheet against someone's house and do it there. Honestly, I'd be tempted to fly out for it. :)

Back