• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch BREAK

We finished our first feature lenght film: www.break-themovie.com

Check out the Trailer on the Website or on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xJHlrCI00dA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xJHlrCI00dA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

keep on rocking

Matt

oh my god... we won't get that movie in my po-dunk little town, but you can bet your @#$ that I'll be searching high and low for it 24/7 once it comes out.... sweet.

BGDV Films

Matthias Olof Eich

Out Standing Man...what a rocking presentation. Just visited your site first and the legs really gripped me straight away. I dont know about the result but i am sure this movie will be in my shel in the list of favourites. Great work.

Matthias Olof Eich Can you please tell details about how all this started happening? i mean who came up with the idea/ And how you started working, i mean paper work and how was the finance raised (if it was raised by any other method instead of taking out money from your pockets?) What are the marketing and distribution plans and what was the budget of the movie etc???

I dont know are these secret questions (business secrets) or not (if they are then i am sorry).

Just couldnt stop myself to ask many questions because i really like the trailor, synopsis and the site

Regards

Last edited:
I have few more question as i saw in the trailor that the lady was seeing with camera and when her focus gets clear she was aimed by aman by an arrow.on the other hand another lady got an arrow hitting her shoulder how was all that done ? Can you please give little details?

Atlast keep it up......Great attempt.

Regards

Last edited:
@BGDV Films: Thanks for that feedback. And your from Kansas right ? I have some options for a DVD
release in America so who knows what you find ... in a store near you.

@ad2478: wow.. lot of questions but let me try.
-I tried to make a feature length film by nearly 5 years. Here in germany i know a lot of
producers and filmmakers in the business. I´m for my part started in this business as a carpenter
and propbuilder (sets, weapons...) but nobody had enought belief in my skills so i had to take all
my big scripts (Scines Fiction, Monsters...) and put them into the lowest drawer and write a script i
could finance by myself. And thats what i did with BREAK. A simple Story, Simple Locations (woods)
and some rednecks hunting good looking Girls nothing new but it is a movie and i was able to finish
him. So the answer is.. First i payed everything by myself but when we finished shooting, one of the
producers i asked in the past about money was so amazed by our work so he jumped onboard.

1745650_1215758940636l.jpg

-How much money the movie costs is a secret...sorry... it was a lot of money for a German-Indipendent
Movie but filmmakers in France, England or USA would laught out loud knowing our budget. :haha:

So it better stays a secret.. but you can think by yourself thats the budget was a lot less than the
movie looks like.

1745650_1215758884545l.jpg

-Our planes for the future and the distributions : Trying to get the movie to some international festivals
and then we hope to get a world sale, because i want to make the next one.. but thats all in the future
and because BREAK is my first movie my expectations are low :bag:

The Arrows in the Head and Shoulders... its all about the right cut of the scene... you believe what
you see without really have seen it.. i know, filmmakers ar liar.

@Zensteve: We used a Canon XH1 (HDV) with a LETUS 35mm Adapter and Canon CSS lenses.

1745650_1215758901001l.jpg

Great Camera and the Letus35 Adapter is fantastic...

Matt

Last edited:
Matthias Olof Eich

wow.. lot of questions but let me try

well i always have many questions friend. :D

Thanks for telling me so many details. Well the budget issue is a secret......ok.....let it remain a secret....:D

i dont have any idea but i am sure after spending so much time in the field of Media you must have learned the art of showing a 100$ thing for 10$......lolzzzzzzzzzz.........honestly speaking the movie looks great and looks like an reasonable amount has been invested......I wish you film can get world sale contrac. If you get success then do inform us that your movie is out in theatres. I am also happy that by making you friend we will have a relation build with germany too

Regards

Amazing!

I shurly will be watching it. Will there be a german version as well?

Some questions as I am myself looking to make a movie wich is very simular regarding production.

Where have you filmed, the US?

How long did it take to complete shoting?

Regards

@Xylofonic: We shooted a lot of scenes in Austria :) too...some here in bavaria, the airials in Swizerland and than we had a handfull of shootings from Vancouver (City) and the Rocky Mountains. But its a european Film that takes place in the US and Canada so i hope nobody will see the difference.

And YES, im sure the movie will come out in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.

The shootingtime of Break were at least 21 days (18 days principal shooting). We started in June and finished in July.

Matt

Last edited:
@Xylofonic: We shooted a lot of scenes in Austria :) too...some here in bavaria, the airials in Swizerland and than we had a handfull of shootings from Vancouver (City) and the Rocky Mountains. But its a european Film that takes place in the US and Canada so i hope nobody will see the difference.

And YES, im sure the movie will come out in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.

The shootingtime of Break were at least 21 days (18 days principal shooting). We started in June and finished in July.

Matt

Thanks a lot.
That Alps fake the Rockies is exactly what I was thinking of too :) Iam glad to now realy know that it works. It makes calculations much easier.
There is a good chance that I get into contact with you in the real world if the script is written. At the moment I´am trimming the treatment so the script will take some time, but maybe you will remember me.

Best Regards

P.S. Where in Austria did you shoot? I´am from Vorarlberg.

Matthias Olof Eich

I have a question. Why you thought of shooting on so many places? Why not in one single country?? ANy reason for that?

By the way please do tell us when your movie will be near to get released.

Regards

-Vancouver and the Rockys were made by friends in the USA.... so i didn´t had to travel there.

Were i live, Swizerland, Austria and Bavaria are reachable in 20min. by Car :)

Break will start in January and will have a dvd realease in August 2009.

Matt

Back