Bored while showing your movies?

I personally can't stand my shorts for a few weeks after i've completed them... THEN i start to like them again... it's the equivalent of being forced to listen to the same song over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again...

But then after a short span of time... I LOVE IT!!

on another note:

When I show them to my friends, I focus on the friends and THEIR reactions, without even looking at the film... that gives me the satisfaction that I did well... i make my shorts to make OTHER people laugh... I've already had my laugh at the comedy, now it must be shared. (the same would go for other genres)

GA: That's nonsense. . . .

I think if you're not slightly sick of the sight of your own film after the editing process then it perhaps suggests that you're not looking closely enough at its flaws.

Speaking of nonsense, THIS is nonsense. I am the most single harsh critic of my film. In the editing suite, every time I look at it, something gets changed/improved.

Bored, never. Tired, perhaps after a 10 hour session. Bored? Nope.

Isn't that the point? And considering you're going to kill them anyway as soon as they've finished watching the film, it's not like they're going to go tell anyone if your movie sucks. Right? I'm not the only one who does that, am I?[/QUOTE]

You're a sick person..........................but no, you're not the only one.

Hail Satan

Isn't that the point? And considering you're going to kill them anyway as soon as they've finished watching the film, it's not like they're going to go tell anyone if your movie sucks. Right? I'm not the only one who does that, am I?

You're a sick person..........................but no, you're not the only one.

Hail Satan

I create music and I have to listen to a piece about 200-500 times before I even release it to the world to make sure the production side of things is ok. Then I often leave it to loop a few times after that, and every few days I'll come back and listen to a large portion of my work.

I know music is a bit different because you can listen while doing something else, but still, I enjoy all the music I write. That may just be my over-inflated ego talking though. Hehe

I create music and I have to listen to a piece about 200-500 times before I even release it to the world to make sure the production side of things is ok. Then I often leave it to loop a few times after that, and every few days I'll come back and listen to a large portion of my work.

I know music is a bit different because you can listen while doing something else, but still, I enjoy all the music I write. That may just be my over-inflated ego talking though. Hehe

i enjoy all the shorts I make, some more than others, mostly because if I feel one isn't good enough, I scrap it.

Bored, no. I'm in agony over how it was supposed to look in the script and what came out in the footage. You never really get what you put on paper. Sometimes it comes out better than written because the performers add to the material. But often it's not. Every little flaw is painful even if I'm the only one who noticed it.

I find after production and then editing Im tired of my work seeing it 100 time or so..Im done. I do revsit my work after a while and do get some enjoyment.

I think its matters what you have done in the movie. If you are director I think you hate it more than if you are light department or boom operator, but hearing own voice is the most worst thing.

Maybe it's because I haven't made anything I'm particularly proud of yet, but it makes me cringe to watch my own films.

This film I'm working on now is the first one that I've had enough time to work on. Usually I have to finish something by a deadline and I end up compromising... a lot.

Just the other day a few friends were over and one of them that's never seen anything I've done before asked to watch one. I refused, but my other friend who's a fan of everything I do insisted.

I had to bight my tongue the whole time to not be like "that's terrible. The lighting was odd bc I didn't have any lights for this scene. I had no time to do folly. The camera audio sucks. I was acting so I couldn't direct well. We ran out of white t-shirts to pull of the effect" blah blah blah lol

Back