Blade Runner fan questionnaire

This is a questionnaire I have created for the purpose of my research task, would really appreciate an comments.

Blade Runner questionnaire for public

1. Do you prefer the director’s cut of Blade runner, if so why?

2. Do you prefer the theatrical released version of Blade Runner, if so why?

3. Do you prefer Sir Ridley Scott’s final cut version of Blade Runner, if so why?

4. Did you like the narrative voiceover from Deckard within the theatrical version?

5. What would you say is the most widely accepted version of Blade Runner?

6. Do you feel the use of music is one of the key focuses on Blade Runner?

7. What do you think could have been improved in Blade Runner, if anything please state what and why?

8. Any other comments?

1. Do you prefer the director’s cut of Blade runner, if so why?

2. Do you prefer the theatrical released version of Blade Runner, if so why?

3. Do you prefer Sir Ridley Scott’s final cut version of Blade Runner, if so why?

4. Did you like the narrative voiceover from Deckard within the theatrical version?

5. What would you say is the most widely accepted version of Blade Runner?

6. Do you feel the use of music is one of the key focuses on Blade Runner?

7. What do you think could have been improved in Blade Runner, if anything please state what and why?

8. Any other comments?

1. Director's Cut - it was less saccharine and matched the tone of the piece overall.

2. No.

3. The Final Cut is the best overall version because the continuity of things were fixed, the FX looked amazing, and overall it was a more cohesive whole.

4. Yes. I think it tainted any future viewing of the film because you have a sense memory of it, so the inner monologue isn't inner no matter what.

5. Whichever one they see.

6. Yes. Vangelis sets the tone so perfectly. No other score would have worked as well. TALES OF THE FUTURE in particular sets a tone of the Euro-Asian vibe whilst also selling the futuristic tones AND the detective aspects of the movie.

7. Nothing. Nothing at all.

8. It's a perfect film and so many versions of it.

4. Yes. I think it tainted any future viewing of the film because you have a sense memory of it, so the inner monologue isn't inner no matter what.

Yes! I'm so glad to hear that I'm not the only one who says, yes, I like the voiceover. Every other comment I've heard, I think, has dissed it. But, you know, I grew up, you could say, on that version. It's been a long time since I saw that version. But whenever I watch the director's cut, while it might be superior, I do find myself missing the narrative and feeling nostalgic about it.

Yes! I'm so glad to hear that I'm not the only one who says, yes, I like the voiceover. Every other comment I've heard, I think, has dissed it. But, you know, I grew up, you could say, on that version. It's been a long time since I saw that version. But whenever I watch the director's cut, while it might be superior, I do find myself missing the narrative and feeling nostalgic about it.

Me too...

Back