• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Bethel Film Festival announces Call for Entries

The Bethel Film Festival ... an independent point of view, is pleased to announce its 2005 call for entries. The festival, scheduled for October 25-30, will offer six days and nights of independent film and video shown on multiple, concurrent screens at The Bethel Cinema, an established independent film lover’s mecca located in Fairfield County, Conn.

More than just a showcase of new and independent talent, The Bethel Film Festival is designed to connect filmmakers with film critics, filmgoers and industry professionals in a unique and intimate setting.

Submission categories are as follows: Features, Shorts, Docs, Animation, Student, and World Cinema. Exhibition formats are: 35mm, 16mm, BetaSP, DVCAM, HDCAM and DVD. Cash and in-kind prizes will be awarded. Festival events include filmmaker receptions, media parties, workshops, panel discussions, and a gala awards ceremony.

The deadlines for entry are as follows: Early Deadline, March 31; Regular Deadline, May 31; Late Deadline, July 15. For additional information and submission requirements, please visit www.bethelfilmfestival.com or contact Carol Spiegel, (203) 790-4321.

Congrats on getting the festival started!

Thanks Indie. And may I add, thanks to so many members of this board who shared their ideas and experiences on what makes a good festival. You're all invited to Connecticut in October. :)

I can't find the fees. I looked on the site, and on the PDF.

I know, I know... we seem to have had a fee schedule and deadline malfunction :no: Hopefully it will be fixed within a day. However, if you just can't wait, here's the info: Early Bird: March 31, $30; Regular: May 31, $35; Late: July 15, $40. These submission fees are for features, docs, world cinema & animation. For the short and student categories, the same deadlines apply however the submission fees are reduced by $5. Withoutabox users receive an extended late deadline as well as a $5 discount on all of the above fees.

Hope that helps

Last edited:
Back