Best work I have done yet

This is the best film I have made so far. Technically it was written by someone on here, he said I should combine two films I had made into one. So here it is, directed by me.
The Boy and His Hammer

Please tell me what you liked about it and what I still need to work on. Feedback would be very helpful.

I liked it. I don't know if you were going for a dark humor thing, but I laughed when I the hammer came down. :lol: Also the piano riff was delightfully creepy.

Maybe a better tripod so that it won't seem so jerky while you are panning.

It could be tighter editing, and tripod shots, but for throwing it together I like what you did it.
I like pan shot when he walks into the kicthen and the drawer shot when he gets the hammer.

Your camera takes a nice image.

A few things that might help you for the future:

*When your brother enters the room behind the piano player, it would have been cool if he (Hammer brother) stopped and stood there for a second and you held that two shot of them.

*The cuts might be on the 1 of the piano beat, like in sync with it.

All in all, I hope you connected with some sense of showing a story that you can build on.

BTW- I don't think it's the best you have done, but I applaud you for growing at what you do.

-Thanks-

Last edited:
Was good
In addition to what others are saying

- Better editing would have been great, colour correction, tighter more slick edits.

I would explore that, if your not interested in editing pass the footage on to someone on here, or a mate or something.

I liked it. I also laughed at the end. I like that you used a tripod and worked on composing nice images. Did you use a fluid head though? I only ask because your pans and tilts we a bit jerky at the beginnings and ends of the shot. If you didn't, consider adding a fluid head tripod to your arsenal to get smoother pans and tilts. Ditto on the editing. Just recommendations as I did enjoy your movie. Thanks for sharing.

Back