• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Best Kickstarter campaign videos?

Thanks Kholi. That's great about your movie! Looks like a slick production. Excellent about that "10 Grand Daddy/Mamma". Nice. All of these clips and links are giving me lots of ideas. Really appreciate the input. :D

Eureka! Got the campaign concept. :D Next up will be a little bit of scripting and some simple production. All of the input on this thread has been very helpful. Thanks for the tips, folks!

Two stills from my campaign video.

picture.php

picture.php

I settled on the make it personal and keep it humorous approach, even though the script isn't personal nor is it a comedy. With any luck it will entertain. Just depends on who's watching I suppose. ;)

Last edited:
With crowd funding you're asking people to invest in the process not just the film, so don't worry if your campaign video is nothing to do with the film.

The stills look mighty cool Jeff, particularly the axe... :devil:

hee hee. While it will be a Kickstarter video first and foremost, I'm trying to make it a stand alone piece, something that isn't just about me asking for money. If it comes together as planned, I think it might get some giggles. And if it produces a budget as well, even better!

Learned some very valuable things going forward, would be happy to share them if anyone cares but I'll leave it out of the thread for now, as not to pollute it.

Congrats on achieving your goal, Kholi!

I'm in process right now of putting together a KS bid for finishing funds, and so would definitely be interested to hear what you learned.

I'd also be interested to know if most of your contributors were friends/family as opposed to people who just happened across your project. What about the $10K angel, did you know him/her?

Congrats on achieving your goal, Kholi!

THanks, greatly appreciated sir.

I'm in process right now of putting together a KS bid for finishing funds, and so would definitely be interested to hear what you learned.

I'd also be interested to know if most of your contributors were friends/family as opposed to people who just happened across your project. What about the $10K angel, did you know him/her?

At first, it definitely was friends and family, then came film friends and enthusiasts after a lot of pushing, and lastly the ten thousand and three thousand were from people who had their eyes on my progress for a few years. I sent the kickstarter out at the last minute to show what we were up to and how many people were showing up to pledge, then they helped out.

What really helped was redoing the video. So, I'd say make sure to start out with something strong first. if possible, even shoot some material that's very representative of what you're going for if you don't have an existing reel to help out.

Thanks for that.

Just to clarify, it sounds like you're saying that you had most of your contributors before you actually began the KS campaign, but I'm unclear on whether you mean that the KS contributors were the same people or new ones who found your project there. What was the ratio of known/unknown contributors on KS?

Thanks for that.

Just to clarify, it sounds like you're saying that you had most of your contributors before you actually began the KS campaign, but I'm unclear on whether you mean that the KS contributors were the same people or new ones who found your project there. What was the ratio of known/unknown contributors on KS?

It was definitely about 30/70 split. With 30 being people I knew and the 70 people I didn't know. The largest sum was from someone I knew of indeed, the rest was from pushing the link around. A few total strangers put up 300+

Back