Atomfilms

So... say you got through the apparently sctrict selection process for Atomfilms, what actually happens next?

Well, for me every single submission (over 30) are subsequently rejected - no email or other notices, just a limbo like waiting until a few years pass by & I realize that they aren't selected or if you harass their email, sooner or later somone will telly ou flat out that they did not pick your film.

Other people have had much better luck with them...

I was lucky I guessed, I emailed the programming manager and within 2 days I got a respond that he wanted The Chase, so they emailed me a contract, I read it, printed it out, signed it and sent the movie on dvd (avi format) so they can 'encode' it

I have yet to submit anything, particularly A Joker's Card is 18 mins long I think it's too long for ther viewers.

I did, however, asked the manager if they were interested in ther short films of mine (Roger and Dave, Warped Boxes, Playing for Keeps, etc), and he said no, The Chase is what their customers and clients would be more interested...

Johnny

It's free to submit, and AtomFilms will either take your movie or not.. unlike Ifilm.com which will gladly charge you $150 for 2-3 months of web hosting for just your short film whether they think it's good or not...

and Ifilm.. after they charge you.. has complete control of your film... if it's good.. they can distribute it on dvd if they want... and you get nothing...

I had our lawyer look at the contract...

he's like.. You are an Idiot if you sign this..

he even showed me the line that says they can change the contract with out telling us.... when ever they want.

PSHH..

Back