Anyone know anything about this film school?

Hey all,

So....I'm looking at this yearlong program in Prague. Here's the website: http://www.filmstudies.cz/

Anybody know anything about it? Anyone know what questions I should be asking film schools?

I am hoping to do a year long program to bolster my tech skills and have a set period of time and direction to actually get to build up a reel/collection of films I can show on application to industry jobs, MFA programs, etc.

So...what y'all think?

Thanks!

I am hoping to do a year long program to bolster my tech skills and have a set period of time and direction to actually get to build up a reel/collection of films I can show on application to industry jobs, MFA programs, etc.

So...what y'all think?

Just my own personal opinion...

You want to spend almost 15K Euro (tuition alone) so you can have a few minutes of reel?

Toss in a year of travel, lodging, food...

Ain't much more I can say. The issue of "film school vs. practical experience" has been going on longer than Moses (almost).

I'm firmly in the "practical experience" camp. The money you're about to blow on film school could be better spent on making your own films, exactly how you want them... and you're nuts if you do anything else.

Paying other people for the chance to help on their film projects? :crazy:

No idea about that school, btw. Interesting that Iceland & Sweden have tuition assistance there. :)

Back