Anyone Ever Create An "Anchor" Character?

I'm working on a sequel script to I, Creator and I'm introducing the Greek goddess, Artemis as an anchor character to bring pieces of history of two planets together with a common origin. Since the planet of the sequel is a planet of high tech Amazons, Artemis is the logical choice. As a goddess, she is immortal and has seen a lot of history. Also, since she was a major deity in the ancient world and a great temple of her still exists in Turkey, that adds value to an Indie film because she may not be well known in today's world. But, she is not unknown either.

Artemis will be used to tie the whole story together as she will work behind the lines and plain site with lead characters in the story as she pushes events into an inevitable direction with a surprising outcome.

In creating an alien world, it is important to create a society that people can find elements to relate to. On this planet, Artemis is god. She is worshipped as the one true god. There will be temples of her everywhere, including the military base where the story will take place.

In this sequel, three characters from the first I, Creator: Angela, Gail, and Roberta work on a the military base in a cybernetics hospital taking the remains of Amazon soldiers who are victims of car bombs, land mines, and rocket attacks, and rebuilding them as cyborgs to be put back on the battle field.

Artemis will be observing the events by transforming herself into various people in the story to get up close and personal. She will also appear as a statue in her temple of worship and a statue in other locations, watching over a brooding revolution between cyborgs and humans. A trigger that will set her off to intervene is when two human turned cyborg Amazons bully and kill an old rival soldier out of jealousy when she is carrying an unborn and eat the unborn out of bling hate. Artemis is the protector of unborns, the weak, and the defenseless. She will charge Angela, Gail, and Roberta to get justice for the unborn. And, in return, she will grant them their deepest desire.

Also, AI cyborgs are revolting because they are slaves of the humans and must wear collars of servitude to remind all they serve humans. AI cyborgs have come to a point where they have surpassed their creators. Artemis marvels at how humans have created such amazing beings. She’d like to see humans and cyborgs getting along more like parents and their adult children. She realizes the cyborgs need their own space from the humans, like she gave humans their own space from her. She doesn't like the way humans are treating cyborgs. And, she is unhappy with the way cyborgs want to kill, hurt, and bully humans to get them to change and gain their freedom.

The same two human turned cyborg Amazons that killed the mother and the unborn are trying to gain support with AI cyborgs to nuke the planet, killing all humans, and leaving the world to cyborgs. The three cyborgs from Earth are against this. They like humans and feel it is their responsibility to protect humans from themselves and outsiders.

They will recognize Artemis from the image of Artemis from statues on Earth and discover a link between Earth and the planet they are on as Artemis reveals lost history and a story of ancient astronauts. It will show humans on Earth originated from the stars.

Angela, Gail, and Roberta can match Artemis on this alien world to the Artemis on Earth with machine precision as absolutely the same goddess.

In Greek mythology that is easily verifiable on the Internet, Artemis is the goddess of the Amazons. Queen Myrine, an Amazon Queen, built the temple of Artemis in Turkey that still stands today. So, there is some real history behind the myths. Amazons existed in Turkey, Aretias Island in the Black Sea, and in South Africa. Amazons are said to be between six and seven feet tall. That's why I hope to be casting actresses in this height range, if we get to make the sequel.

Are you getting the picture now? :huh:

Last edited:
Have you considered coming at the storyline in a more straight forward Sci Fi action adventure way?

Like:

1. Lets say your were to forego a literal/physical Artemis and instead make their (Amazon chicks) God appear to be a presumed virus like cyber God that can “install” itself into and manipulate cyborgs and/or any devices.

2. You have the whole kind of Fake Volcano God/ Trembling Natives taught to fear the (manufactured) wrath set-up, but in reality it’s just a kind of Little man behind the green curtain (Wiz of Oz) device, except in this case in the form of a dying old Scientist Woman (bent on power and control and virtual immortality) who up in her well guarded lab fortress has been laying the ground work for her immortal cyber fate in one step at a time -hidden away from the scientific community and governments and love of a man that all shunned her -until she can exact her revenge by ruling them all.

3. Your main characters follow a distress/tracking signal (or some such) from one of their own missing or stolen cyborg units, but is it a trap?

OR

3a. Your main characters have been abducted and enslaved –forced to work on creating the God’s legion of cyborg soldiers.

4. They discover some data bank video footage of the Old Woman/God and realize it’s all an elaborate and sinister hoax.

So ultimately you can draw story and conflict from:

*A small army of cyborg guard units.

*Trying to convince the Amazon chicks that there is no mighty God on the mountain (It’s all just smoke and mirrors -and one of them (Amazons) will be chosen, but not as a they have been told, instead one shall really serve as the mere flesh vessel Eve-like host in which the old woman will “modify” and then “Frankinstall” herself into.

*The Old Woman’s cyber persona ability to inhabit/infect/manipulate devices and mechanical beings, so if the lights go out, it’s her, if the doors lock, it’s her, if the Hero’s eyes glow red, then it’s the old God woman’s evil doing.

5. Naturally they must run from/fend off the cyborg guards – outwit the Gods manipulation of things - Infiltrate the highly fortified secret lair of the old woman – Destroy her before she can upload herself into the world.

Just a thought.

-Thanks-

Interesting.

That has the storyline of the Star Trek episode of Vol the volcano god.

I want to present the movie like the movie SIGNS, which was a mini version of WAR OF THE WORLDS. That will cut down on sets, special effects, and save money.

The sequel already has story elements in place from the original movie. Gail was made on this Amazon world. So, she is a native here. There is something very bad that happens on Earth where the three cannot stay on Earth alone and must travel between Earth and another world. So, Gail brings them to her world. If people watch the original I, Creator, they will know why I'm using the approach I am.

I like a deeper plot to have additional material for future sequels.

I was reading an article on the Internet suggesting that Indie filmmakers make series and sequels with reoccurring characters and actors like the studios do to start to build fan bases. That's another reason why I'm doing the story the way that I am.

Also, in the original, Angela and Gail find it interesting that humans worship a god they have never seen. So, in the sequel, I want a god to appear to them, and not humans, to explain why their god chooses not to be seen in modern times. It's the same scenario that parents have to learn when to let go of their kids, so they can grow up.

In your second suggestion that is covered where the three cyborgs are building an army for the Amazon queen. In ancient times, ancient rulers were sometimes considered gods. But now we are in future times. So, they need a true goddess for an educated society.

Since Gail was made on the planet, Delta Four, the people of this world already have the technology to make cyborgs. Dr. Robert Bruno, an Earth scientist reverse engineered Gail Storm's technology to build Angela. What Angela, Gail, and Roberta are doing is making technological breakthroughs to make better cyborgs, as they upgrade themselves.

Using Artemis differently would no longer have her as an anchor character that pulls the whole story together too. I would like to throw some of the ideas of a Greek mythology movie into the sequel like the gods can transform into anyone to spy on humans.

I also have a friend who is very good with SFX who is offering to do the morphing effects. Completing the first I, Creator inspired him to pitch in to help, if a sequel is made.

Last edited:
Back