• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Any Goonies fans here?

I'm thrilled to announce my new book, Three Weeks With The Goonies: On Location in Astoria, Oregon has just come out.

It follows the Warner Bros. production team as they filmed in various locations back in autumn of 1984. It also talks about the technical side of moviemaking in general, and contains many never-before-published photos from the shoot.

If you're a Goonies fan, I hope you'll check it out! Here's the link: http://2001productions.com/ThreeWeeksWithTheGoonies.aspx

thumbnailimage.jpg

... Are you serious?

Are you kidding me?

My family owns a beach-front cabin on Canon Beach. Of course I am a Goonies fan. I have seen the movie about 500 times...

Did you work on the film?!?!

Last edited:
I don’t think I’ve heard of anyone who didn’t like The Goonies.
The book could be monstrously huge.

Good luck and congrats.

-Thanks-

Asking whether anyone's a Goonies fan is like asking if anyone likes cake....

Nice job man, that is some serious Goonology. You could launch Goonipedia. You could be diagnosed with Gooniphilia...etc.

:bow:

As long as you like pineapple upside down cake. ;)

2001, I read some of your excerpt (I would have read more, but I'm not in the right state). That's so FREAKING COOL!!! You really worked on The Goonies?! I'm starstruck.

Ordered my copy right now!

LOVE THE GOONIES. One of my all time favorites.

You Richard Donner allowed of improv in dialogue with the kids because NO ADULT in 1985 would have written the line "1642, what is that a year?" "No, your high score on Pole Position!" because no adult would have known what an insult that was at the time.

Last edited:
Hey guys, thanks for the warm response!

Don't ask me why it took me 26 years to write this thing... :rolleyes:

I guess there were 2 reasons: First, I didn't think I had enough material to justify a book until I started looking through my old call sheets and all these memories came flooding back. Second, I'm embarrassed to admit I had no idea how popular the movie was until the 25th anniversary celebration of the movie's release back in June, when about 10,000 fans descended on Astoria (effectively doubling the population for 3 days).

I'm very stoked about how the book turned out. I originally was going to go around and shoot photos of the locations as they look today, then I found out the local historical society had literally hundreds of prints and negatives of shots people had taken in '84, so it took me another 4 months to go through those and select the ones to use in the book.

There's going to be a reading and book signing in Astoria on Oct. 22nd (26 years to the day of the start of principal photography) if anyone feels like making the trek out here. ;)

Thanks again!

Back