any advice for affordable rod rig?

I just ordered my first DSLR camera, and I'm looking for an affordable rod support system. Nothing elaborate, just need something I can slap a follow focus and matte box on for now. I've found a couple okay deals on eBay and Amazon, just didn't know if there was maybe somewhere else worth looking that might help me save as much dough as possible. The whole reason I'm rounding this gear up is to use it on a short I'll be shooting next month, and I would like to have as much cash left as possible to fund the actual project itself. Also, if you're reading this and have a used set like I'm talking about that you'd like to sell, I'm definitely open to hearing about it. Thanks for reading.

sure thing. I came across the Fotga DP500 on ebay. Granted it isn't the highest quality, but I won an auction and got a DP500 starter kit which included a camera block, tripod mount, (2) 250mm length/15mm diameter rods, lens support, and a cheap matte box with flags all for $73 dollars. But don't expect to find em going quite that low normally. The auctions usually end around $100-115. Basically I bought the kit to kinda give me a 'home base' of sorts to work off, and plan to upgrade it piece by piece as I can afford. Shipping takes a while as the kits come out of China. I just ordered mine a few days ago, so I can't really comment on the quality or anything yet. Once it arrives, I'll get on here and give a little review. Hope someone finds this info helpful.

Back