Another advertisement, who wants to be in it folks?

can you email\upload the music only track? Let me mix it in.

Thanks

Gladly. But there's the question of the ticking clock (the biggest issue to match up), as well as the VO and sound effects -- all of which have a rythm and need to match the music. I'll check your member contact info for your email, but if it's not there, PM me with it.

I believe our material isn't to have a score, but thank you all the same, Cracker.

Also, I've changed the initial thread, so that those newcomers can see both Wheatgrinders, and our spots-When we submit- without scouring the early pages that are currently irrelevant with the changes.

Likewise, I'm awaiting the call to say it's good to go.

It won't be long before i post our next work, a music video for the icelandic band "Múm". Of course not legitimately, one of us loves the track, we thought we'd put something together while we location scout for the next short.

Moving cities is tough, location wise anyhow.

I’d like to see it (Cracker edit) mixed with the video and rest of the sounds proper. (Do you mean it would be over Wheat’s music?)

Right now (to me) it’s like the stabs are punctuating and driving towards a dead end, or pushing it towards an implied meaning or resolution that isn’t there, like:
Whirrrrrl- It-! Helps-! It-! To-! Not-! Add-! Up-!, where as Wheat’s creates more of the typical or parodied atmosphere of that diffusing set-up, more of selling the same old same of the set-up than a resolution to it.

If you added an explosion and the pistachio package shaking at the end, then you would have some resolution to the stabs, especially if it’s like a musical rest then the final stab, like:
dunt! dunt! dunt! dunt! dunt!….Wonderful pistachios, get crackin’ DUNT! (with the explosion),
but right now (to me) it comes across as trying to turn loud into story, but without the whole thing as one, and to the actual video it's hard to say what it might be like in whole.

The stabs are nice sounding though.

-Thanks-

Last edited:
Thanks CF. You inspired me, but I did do my OWN thing.

In particular you inspired me to think about the tick as an instrument, rather than a sound design element. So in this draft, if you listen to the tic you here its more PLAYING along with the music...

I think Buddy is getting my point, the resolution is NOT the defusing the bomb, its getting the nut.. the hero saves the day anyway.....

here check it out.. Iv not submitted this as a draft yet I have a bit more time.

Also, the low end is HUGE in this mix.. let me know if its TOO big .. I like it.. but Im a bass player so.. meh..

http://www.poptent.net/media/20730

Last edited:
Audio style aside (Could be a billion ways)

I really like the white look and lighting. It's very fresh and advertising slick.
Kind of let's the product own that shade of color instead of the lighting itself being of the yellowish tint.

-Thanks-

The white was tough. In the shots where you see it.. every frame is rotoscoped! A greenscreen might have been easier, but I just don't have the confidence with keying and a deadline of three days is not the time to get that confidence.

I did shot on a white background, really just a piece of foam core gaffed to a rolling light stand this worked quite well, but I was not able to successfully PUSH the whites like I needed without totally bonking the rest of the image. As the background was already "whitish" the masks didn't need to be all that tight, so it wasn't ALL TOO BAD to roto the shots, a few hours...

The white background was a part of the job description, though it did say "if possible..." If Id had a great location I may have risked something different, as it is, my basement is pretty dull.

wheat the only thing I would do differently is play up a little more urgency in the opening "Jack, get crackin' and diffuse that bomb!" but, that's just me - your spot is perfect otherwise! Awesome job!

You should watch Hurt Locker now - maybe you'll wreck another keyboard when you re-read my "Nut Locker" joke.

:)

Back