Another advertisement, who wants to be in it folks?

Same thing PTP, I got so excited (read that as obsessed) about my own "get crackin" project, that Iv not had time for yours yet.. though I was going to do something fun with the green screen, sledge hammer, and a bag of nuts this evening!

You'd better get on it.. Iv been watching for you upload!

Same thing PTP, I got so excited (read that as obsessed) about my own "get crackin" project, that Iv not had time for yours yet.. though I was going to do something fun with the green screen, sledge hammer, and a bag of nuts this evening!

You'd better get on it.. Iv been watching for you upload!

The edit is almost complete, we should have the spot uploaded for tonight, possibly tomorrow morning. How long until we see your upload, my good man?

ROC, interesting. What assignment have you got in mind?

@ ROC :) Heck yeah! (also check PM)

@ Papertwinproductions (im too lazy to type that again, you are heretofore to be referred to as PTP! ) I uploaded my current SD version, as a hedge against not being able to upload the HD in time. (I want to make a few tweaks too)

Its pending approval now.

I note that about a hundred new folks took on the assignment over the weekend. Competition heating up?

@ Papertwinproductions (im too lazy to type that again, you are heretofore to be referred to as PTP! ) I uploaded my current SD version, as a hedge against not being able to upload the HD in time. (I want to make a few tweaks too)

Its pending approval now.

I note that about a hundred new folks took on the assignment over the weekend. Competition heating up?

Brilliant. Let me know as of when it's approved.:D

It's always smart to put in a "Draft", you'll see this alot as Poptent have openely admitted that problems do occur come the final moments of submission. With your draft, they'll allow you-if your "Final cut" failed to upload- to submit it after deadline. Interestingly enough this won't apply if you do not have any material submitted prior to deadline. Yet, this is all depending on when the brand are going to be sent the spots.

Strangely, people tend to accept the assignment, never to submit their work. The lure of the cash-prize perhaps, but 100-200 submissions tend to be the regular.

How've you found working to such minimal time restraints?

EDIT: Clearly escaping me that you participated in a '48.

@PTP,
Im still finding my way though "where film fits in my life". It seems that I have a "feel" for the short form, and an exteranly imposed deadline gets me off my back side and makes me move!

In short (pun loosely intended), I guess I like it.

@ROC - Im excited for you to see my submission. I took the day off of work yesterday (vacation day) and recorded all my own sounds.. eating apples, scraping tools, making funny noises in the mic. It was great fun. I need to pull the music down in the mix, some of that gets lost, but you stil feel its there. Also, I still need a cloth pass, I ran out of time last night (literally nodding off at the computer) but like PTP says, for that site, its best to get a DRAFT submission in early, so they got what I had ready this morning.

EDIT: It would seem that it can be faster to make your own Foley\SFX rather than scour the internet looking for just the right sample.. whoda thunk it...

Last edited:
@PTP,
Im still finding my way though "where film fits in my life". It seems that I have a "feel" for the short form, and an exteranly imposed deadline gets me off my back side and makes me move!

In short (pun loosely intended), I guess I like it.

It's uncanny how quickly you adapt and improve. I forget who said it-another member of IT- but you seem to absorb every ounce of suggestion with ease.

Yeah, the flow of the music doesn't really work for me. You mind if I take a stab at it? I've got the same music source as you, and editing music is something I think I'm pretty good at.

The score is too quaint in the first few seconds. The suspense feels contained as apposed to epic, given the situation and the time constraint, i believe the score should arrive with a firm hand.

With this, it would emphasize that stillness when disarming.

Last edited:
Back