And The New Batman is....

I mean, he couldn't be much worse than the previous guy.. (I won't mention his name lest I get ranted at in a similar fashion to Shane Hurlbut ;))

:lol:

I just can't get myself to care about this at all. There's absolutely no room in Man of Steel's world for Batman - he'd just be standing on the sidelines with all us other humans waiting to find out if we'd get crushed by the aliens or not.

Yeah. Nothing against Affleck.

I feel pretty Batmaned out, myself. Dark Knight was the pinnacle, so far, I suppose.

Batman has always been a cash cow for them. And this just seems to reflect the fact that it is a business, about making money. Nothing personal, hey. Maybe it's a move to try and get more of the ladies' seats in the seats?

Affleck isn't the first person I'd want to be Batman, but he's not the worst person that could play Batman. Personally, I think the Film Riot batman would do an excellent job :D I'm cool with Affleck though.

People seemed to have the same reaction when it was revealed Heath Ledger was going to be playing The Joker. Now people consider him one of the greatest villains ever.

:cool:

I'm more concerned about who's going to be the director.

I am pretty sure Zack Snyder is going to be the director, CPF.

But what if the key to this is that Ben Affleck is the director. The guy knows how to direct himself, he just can't act in other people's movies. Although, I personally think differently and I think people still just hate the guy for poor comedic acting.
He wasn't even that bad as Daredevil. That movie just sucked from an awful script, poor directing, Colin Farrell as Bullseye (not sure that character is completely his fault since I like him in other stuff), and then Jennifer Garner.

My point is that I doubt Ben Affleck will be that bad. He probably won't be able to live up to Bale's performance, but it is unlikely anyone could. I actually think he could be better than Keaton, if they create the right universe for him.

I am pretty sure Zack Snyder is going to be the director, CPF.

That's not good, at least to me. I didn't like Man of Steel at all. Ben Affleck would make a good director.

My point is that I doubt Ben Affleck will be that bad. He probably won't be able to live up to Bale's performance, but it is unlikely anyone could. I actually think he could be better than Keaton, if they create the right universe for him.

I agree.

I wouldn't be so quick to believe a rumor of Nolan dropping his support of the Superman Vs Batman movie... considering he was an original supporter of it when he was asked if DC plans to make a connected film universe. Justice League is a sure to come, yea. But first is Aquaman, which has a lot of rumor behind it, but also a large potential. It should almost be assumed they are going to do all the founders of Justice League (ASIDE FROM WONDER WOMAN. CEO of DC Comics is very skeptical about allowing her to be made into film after the TV show ways back became an icon for women. They are worried about her image.)

I'm assuming there aren't many comic book readers here? Superman VS Batman has happened in the DC Universe. Batman wins. He's the ONLY person who can defeat Superman completely. (Played Injustice? Based on the comic Gods Among Us in which he defeats Superman once again, but more with rightful sense.) Batman is said to carry a ring on him at all time that contains Kryptonite, given to him by Superman during his trip to Gotham (also he states that his believe is Gotham already has a super hero and he has complete faith in Batman to protect it's citizens; reason why Superman didn't interfere against Bane's nuke threat).

Superman Vs Batman can take either approach of the comic or an adaption of Gods Among Us (Lex Luther is a character in it, so it fits what we know so far of the movie). Does Batman still have the ring? Possibly.

This could be Robin by the way, as a way to continue from "The Dark Knight" series. I think Ben can pass for an older version of the actor who played Robin in the series. Bale wouldn't fit in the story as he's retired from being Batman.

Expect to see JLA announced soon after the release of Flash (TV Show following Flash's appearance on Arrow), Aquaman, or possibly a very risky shot at Wonder Woman...

Ahhhhh. So Batman keeps a ring of krytonite in his rectum at all times...just in case. Makes sense. I hope krytonite isn't radio active. Know what I mean? Maybe it's encased in lead. Doesn't sound very comfortable though.

I guess I've gotten what I wanted in these casting choices enough not to complain too much. I wanted them to cast Angelina Jolie as Laura Croft, and they cast Angelina Jolie as Laura Croft. I wanted them to cast Christian Bale as Batman (at least once I saw him in Equilibrium), and they cast Christian Bale as Batman.

But haven't I asked that they cast Michael Fassbender as Batman? Directed by someone like...David Fincher, or something. Maybe McG. I really liked what he did with Terminator Salvation. Maybe Wolfgang Peterson. Or has he retired?

I'm still waiting.

Anyway, it's all good fun.

I've been giving this some thought, and I've come to the conclusion that if the movie fails it is Kevin Smith's fault.

He'll surprise people. I think some people, not generalizing here - think that Ben Affleck is too big of a name to be attached to the role, and they're judging him based on past bad performances. For some people I think that's part of it.

Anyway what is the worst that could happen? He doesn't reprise his role again and they recast yet another actor in the role.

old news

This is very old news. The studio has already received over 10,000 letters in protest as to his choosing..something to do with his secret love affair with Matt Damon. He has been miss-casted. Just like Gomer Pyle and Rock Hudson, a possible homosexual batman!

This is very old news. The studio has already received over 10,000 letters in protest as to his choosing..something to do with his secret love affair with Matt Damon. He has been miss-casted. Just like Gomer Pyle and Rock Hudson, a possible homosexual batman!

Sorry, but The Onion isn't actual news :lol:

----------------

Anyone remember how people responded when it was announced Heath Ledger would play the joker?

If they are having more than one Batman related character involved I would like to see Bryan Cranston play Gordon. He did voice him in the Batman: Year One animated movie so I think he'd fit that role physically too.

So far we don't know what timeframe this Man of Steel sequel takes place in. All we know for sure is that Batman is an older Batman, which would mean he's been Batman for a long time so what has happened in this iteration of Batman's past? That's what I would like to know.

My hunch is that there's two reasons for introducing Batman and Wonder Woman into this film. DC is testing the waters. They want to know if people will so quickly accept a new actor in the Batman role considering that Christian Bale played him last. This is a good way to test the waters before doing another Batman solo film.

The same with Wonder Woman. They have been trying to find a good fit for the character in a solo film in a live-action setting and so far all they have done successfully is animated movies, the comics of course and the Linda Carter television series (the new one they tried failed). So having Wonder Woman appear in the Man of Steel sequel is a way to test the waters to see if the actress selected will be successful in the eyes of the audience so they can do a solo film.

Don't know where you dug that out from Chimp; that's dated September 2013!

It might not be clear, but the "Hmmm...." in my post above links to an article from last night. Jeremy Irons has been announced as Alfred, along with Jesse Eisenberg being cast as Lex Luthor (!!!).

Back