And The New Batman is....

Don't know where you dug that out from Chimp; that's dated September 2013!

It might not be clear, but the "Hmmm...." in my post above links to an article from last night. Jeremy Irons has been announced as Alfred, along with Jesse Eisenberg being cast as Lex Luthor (!!!).

I know :)

I just found the thought of Shatner playing Alfred amusing :lol:

If they are having more than one Batman related character involved I would like to see Bryan Cranston play Gordon. He did voice him in the Batman: Year One animated movie so I think he'd fit that role physically too.

That would be so awesome. I'd love to see it. Or at least I'm interested to see it, because I'm a really big fan of the Nolan Batman Universe and it would be a bit of shock for me to see different actors. And I feel a bit bad for Ben Affleck, I mean he looks like a decent guy and didn't deserve the public slap he received.

So, Ben Affleck is Batman, and Jesse Eisenberg is Lex Luthor...

If they keep casting actors in roles they don't fit, pretty soon Kirsten Dunst will be playing The Terminator

I guess I'm not feeling very interested in a Batman Vs Superman movie. But this all makes me think that I would like to see a Nolan directed Superman movie. And I really like Bryan Cranston for Gordon. Really just feel uninterested in Wonder Woman. Talking about testing the waters for a new Batman film, is this also all about preparing for the Justice League film? Disclaimer: I've never been much of a DC guy, anyway. ;)

What would more likely pique my interest would be a serious, big budget (something that's actually like the comics, not that TV show), project involving Witchblade and the Darkness. Who owns the movie rights to those?

…is this also all about preparing for the Justice League film?

Absolutely; they’re going for the “Avengers” effect.

Trouble is, by cramming Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman into a single Superman movie, this pretty much becomes the Justice League movie. With the Marvel universe, we were introduced to the main characters through their individual films (with Hawkeye and Black Widow being regarded as secondary characters). With DC, we’re not being given any introduction to these characters. Sure we all know who ‘Batman’ is; but we don’t know this Batman.

I’m sort-of hoping that this movie simply introduces Bruce Wayne and Diana Prince. That’s unlikely though, especially given the “Batman vs. Superman” title.

Been watching Game of Thrones. I think we have the obvious choice for the new Wonder Woman. Gwendoline Christie. If they cast her, I might actually take an interest in a Wonder Woman movie. :yes:

Maybe written and directed by The Wachowskis?

Of course. Well, that being the case, I think it's a travesty that the role didn't go to Gina Carano. I think they completely missed the boat on that one.

I think it's a travesty that the role didn't go to Gina Carano. I think they completely missed the boat on that one.

Did you see Haywire? She made Channing Tatum look like an oscar-caliber actor. In FF6 she had trouble looking natural just standing next to the Rock. She's a fighter, not an actress.

Did you see Haywire? She made Channing Tatum look like an oscar-caliber actor. In FF6 she had trouble looking natural just standing next to the Rock. She's a fighter, not an actress.

So we can count on your vote for Christie, then, right? Right? :cool:

Not like we have a vote. Maybe in an alternate universe, or something.

Back