All-rounder lens for canon 550d?

Hey guys,

So i've finally made the jump and am buying a 550d later this week.

I just need some advice on which lens to get with it!

At the moment, i don't have much money left after buying the camera body, so what i want is to buy a decent all-rounder starter lens that will allow me to use the camera while i save to buy some really good glass.

Really hope you guys can help me out...

Last edited:
CF... yup I like the 18-55 kit.. I do want to get a 10 or 16mm Lens and an 85mm after I rob a liquor store... I did just order a Phoenix - Zoom lens - 28 mm - 210 mm - f/3.5-5.6 - Contax from Adorama to add to my kit. I know it will not be crisp as can be, but another tool in my arsenal.

415840OAxML._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I heard there was an old fat guy with a red coat and a white beard who would come into everyone's house every christmas night. I waited with my gun last christmas and the old bastard never came.

However.. Im pleased with it..depends on what you are looking for. Not everyone can afford all top of the line lenses.

I heard there was an old fat guy with a red coat and a white beard who would come into everyone's house every christmas night. I waited with my gun last christmas and the old bastard never came.

However.. Im pleased with it..depends on what you are looking for. Not everyone can afford all top of the line lenses.

got it..

I just got my Phoenix / Contax 28 - 210 lens and yes, it is a little soft.

I still hope it will be useful. I have my 135mm Contax which is crisp and my 50mm Canon which is crisp, my 24mm which is soft at wide open but fairly crisp stepped down to 4 or 5.6 and my Kit lens which is Decent.

Back