Age limit...?

Just a question, I have a storyline (screenplay) that is concrete. However there is a thing I have not considered. I'm submitting this film to a festival as a Student film, and it is a short, dark, dramatic film. Long story short a bunch of people die in the film, a massacre, all college students at a party, however, so does a 13 year old, which is what the film is primarily based around. They get shot, and die, and that's all, nothing weird or anything like that. My question is that is there an age limit, say 18 or whatever for a death in a film? Like, it's visually shown, it's not inferred. It's as a student film, and none of us are over 18 either. Is the death of that teenager going to be an issue? NOTE: she plays as a 13 year old, but in reality the actor herself just turned 15, and she's a friend, who..just happens to look a lot younger. Will this be an issue, legally or what not??

are you submitting the film or the screenplay.

Adult filmmakers working with minors requires guardian consent, best to have the parent or guardian ON SET the entire time... avoid hassles.

Now, I know your ALL kids (legally speaking) so how far you take that advice is up to you. Certainly have all the actors and their PARENTS sign a release form.

good luck

Back