Aerial video - RC helicopter HD footage

Hi Guys,

I'm a RC helicopter pilot and I fly a camera rig able to lift an Epic and similar size cameras. I'm looking to meet new people interested in aerial filming.

I'm based in North Lincolnshire, UK

Thanks,
Dariusz

Welcome Darusz,

I'm not in your neck of the woods (or continent for that matter). But I've had a huge interest in aerial video for some time now. Based on the rig you say you have, I'm nowhere near the level you are at. I've only recently built a small multi rotor, so I can learn to fly. Hope you'll post some of your videos. Seems when we get aerial people around here, their reluctant to talk about ther rigs (don't know if their trying to limit the competition for what they do). I'd love to hear about what you fly, how you got into it, how you build it and learned to optimize it, as well as see your footage.

Welcome to the board,
Jeff

Hello Jeff,

When I was very young, my dad took me to see how some guys were filming with a gas rc heli in the middle of our town. That was back in early 90's and I was hooked. I knew this was going to be my dream job!
I have been flying rc helis for a good few years now, it's been a very challenging and expensive learning route.

From my experience I must admit you're right in what you say. Most pro guys are very secretive about their rigs. They won't re-discover the wheel so I see no point in this. The equipment is now widely available and everyone with enough money can own it.
I come from a rc flying background and therefore I've joined the forum to meet new people who would like to get involved in the cinematography side of the operation. You can wisit my website at www.daruq.com Portfolio is very tiny at the moment but this should change soon.

Regarding the equipment, it's a custom build electric helicopter with a main rotor diameter of almost 2 meters. The camera head is stabilized in all 3 axis with a live feed for the operator.

Please contact me if anyone is interested in getting some aerial shots for their movies, commercials or music videos. I will gladly help if you let me use the footage to grow my portfolio :)

Best regards,
Dariusz

Hello Jeff,

When I was very young, my dad took me to see how some guys were filming with a gas rc heli in the middle of our town. That was back in early 90's and I was hooked. I knew this was going to be my dream job!
I have been flying rc helis for a good few years now, it's been a very challenging and expensive learning route.

From my experience I must admit you're right in what you say. Most pro guys are very secretive about their rigs. They won't re-discover the wheel so I see no point in this. The equipment is now widely available and everyone with enough money can own it.
I come from a rc flying background and therefore I've joined the forum to meet new people who would like to get involved in the cinematography side of the operation. You can wisit my website at www.daruq.com Portfolio is very tiny at the moment but this should change soon.

Regarding the equipment, it's a custom build electric helicopter with a main rotor diameter of almost 2 meters. The camera head is stabilized in all 3 axis with a live feed for the operator.

Please contact me if anyone is interested in getting some aerial shots for their movies, commercials or music videos. I will gladly help if you let me use the footage to grow my portfolio :)

Best regards,
Dariusz

Sounds great! Would you be charging for these services?

Back