Advanced Screening Tickets help.

Does anyone know how to purchase advanced screening tickets or anyone with the resources?. I would like to know, would appreciate the help. Thanks!.:);):yes::P:D

I'm not sure what you're asking about.

Do you mean test screenings? Cast and crew screenings?
Press screenings? The premiere?

Yeah, I'm not quite clear what you mean, either.

Are you talking about the press screenings that are done in advance of the release? If so, there are two ways to get tickets to those.

1. Have press credentials. Each studio has a local person in charge of promoting these events, and they all have different requirements for you to prove that you are a legit film critic, not just some guy who wants to see free movies. If you can find this person, and prove to them that you are indeed press, they will send you free tickets to all of their screenings.

2. Be vigilant in looking for the promotion of these screenings. Every now and then, they will have press-only screenings. But in my experience, those are rare. Almost all of the time, they kill two birds with the same stone, by giving away free tickets to the public. This helps create a buzz, and hopefully positive word-of-mouth. These tickets are usually being given away by a radio station, or perhaps a newspaper. You just have to jump through whatever hoops they ask you to jump through, and the ticket is yours. Only problem is that it's not really a ticket. It's an invitation to stand in line for an hour, because even with your ticket, entrance is first-come, first-serve. The only people gauranteed admittance are press.

I think you guys answered my question, sorry I wasnt specific about the advance screening. But basically to see the movie before it hits theatres in other states.

The only way I've gotten advance screening tickets was through businesses. They must drop off a bunch at various places because there are stacks of free tickets sitting around my breakroom quite often.

I've never had any difficulty getting preview tickets.

I know of many ways in the UK which I'm sure will be useless to you. I suggest a thorough Google search. There are many ways to see films early, you just gotta play the system!

Thanks for the info on this guys. I have found a way to obtain the tickets. Im scheduled to see The Beaver next week. I guess it all depends when and where they do the screenings. Again thanks.
:yes:

I found filmmetro.com and all i did was just sign up and check the website frequently as told by the admin after emailing him some questions. Checking back frequent is key I guess, more screenings are to be announced in june and july. So far its working out great.

74107344.jpg

]This was an advance screening for the movie Flags of Our Fathers back in 2006, I didnt realize I got ticket through filmmetro.com. This is actor adam beach on left and me on the right.:yes:

Last edited:
Back