• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

adjustable lens?

I remember seeing somebody using this adjustable lens for test of framing, wonder what it is called?

It is not a camera. much smaller and handy. It could be very useful in location scouting, and preparing the camera work before shot starts.

I use viewfinder basic and like it. I'm not sure what you mean by "work similarly with traditional viewfinder?"

A director's viewfinder can simulate different focal lenghths of lenses and what field of view they will give you on your camera. The real ones have marks on the barrel, you just extend or compress it. The apps use your phone's camera and puts boxes around the image to show you what each lens will see.

Viewfinder basic, you tell it what camera you have and what lenses you're using and it does the math to simulate what it will see.

I use viewfinder basic and like it. I'm not sure what you mean by "work similarly with traditional viewfinder?"

A director's viewfinder can simulate different focal lenghths of lenses and what field of view they will give you on your camera. The real ones have marks on the barrel, you just extend or compress it. The apps use your phone's camera and puts boxes around the image to show you what each lens will see.

Viewfinder basic, you tell it what camera you have and what lenses you're using and it does the math to simulate what it will see.

Thanks so much!

One more question Paul, can this app make videos with designated lens?

Back