• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

30 Day Feature Film Challenge

Hi my name is Tim. I am new here. I hope this is in the right category.

I am part of the www.30dayfeaturefilmchallenge.com we are getting so much support but we need more!! This is a great indie project. We are making a feature film from concept to end of production in 30 days. We are talking to some really great people getting some awesome sponsors and hit 100,000 hits on the website in 4 days! We got a first donation today of 1600$

anyways anyone in Los Angeles can get involved in the movie!!

I really like your idea!

Took a look at your web site and you already have
all the positions I can do filled. So I'll just wish you
good luck and keep checking your site.

I really like your idea!

Took a look at your web site and you already have
all the positions I can do filled. So I'll just wish you
good luck and keep checking your site.

Awesome. I see you're right here. It'll be great if you could pull some strings or atleast spread the word! Get us some buzz! Thanks so much

danggg, did the 30 days include the time it toke you to brainstorm the idea to do the thirty day film and get the cast and crew together?

Not sure if I can bump. But we just got Christopher Nolans assistant as a producer. The one person that stood by the mans side during the entire making of the Dark Knight knows a thing or two about film.

Awesome work guys. I want to see more BtS footage. What's going on? How's the filming going? How many days left?

Awesome work guys. I want to see more BtS footage. What's going on? How's the filming going? How many days left?

HEY everyone! We have 19 days left! And everything is crazier then ever. It is infact so crazy that we're getting a little lost and confused. I'm hoping later tonight maybe tomorrow our new social site will go online! We have over 250,000 hits now!!!! We're trying to get more behind the scenes uploaded asap. Last night we got 3 RED One's which is incredible. We were going to barrow two from two different people that we've previously worked with. Now we have a man flying out from londing bringing 3 of his 6 REDS!! we're still trying to score a Phantom. Thanks for checking in!!!!! more vids on the way!

So the plan is 2nd unit, 3rd unit, and so on photography?

So the plan is 2nd unit, 3rd unit, and so on photography?

I believe so! :) There are a few moments in the film which is very high pace. It will be great to inter-cut between a long shot and close up. Very exciting. We originally planned for two REDs but we'll definitely make use of the three!

No I meant 2nd unit photography, as in, two locations being shot at one time with separate crews. I mean, going by your post, you're very excited over having so many Reds but I don't see how that will help, especially since, by your answer, you are not planning 2nd unit. Oh well, good luck.

No I meant 2nd unit photography, as in, two locations being shot at one time with separate crews. I mean, going by your post, you're very excited over having so many Reds but I don't see how that will help, especially since, by your answer, you are not planning 2nd unit. Oh well, good luck.
Oh okay. I'm actually speaking for someone else when I reply here. We only have one location. Maybe two but never at the same time. So the three are excessive to be honest.

Heh, hope you find a volunteer that does websites!

It started off fairly clean & simple, but now resembles the average MySpace jungle. :seeya:

Are auditions over, btw? I saw the announcement for those last week, but just got back. :blush:

Gah! Was just looking over the Craigslist post, and it was just removed/flagged as I refreshed the page.

I'm ramblin'. What the heck you gonna do with so many cameras? You even have the people to operate them all?

Sounds fun. :)

Heh, hope you find a volunteer that does websites!

It started off fairly clean & simple, but now resembles the average MySpace jungle. :seeya:

Are auditions over, btw? I saw the announcement for those last week, but just got back. :blush:

Gah! Was just looking over the Craigslist post, and it was just removed/flagged as I refreshed the page.

I'm ramblin'. What the heck you gonna do with so many cameras? You even have the people to operate them all?

Sounds fun. :)

We still have to fill up a few roles I believe. Thank you so much for your interest!! OMG I KNOW. The website... well, I'm not in control exactly. Currently its been built on the Mac web builder program. We have a actual webdesigner building a social site and should be up tonight. I didn't go downtown today since I'm in the valley. But if not tonight I'm hoping tomorrow. It really is a mess right now. They started "tweaking" it to make it more clear. When you first visited the site it sort of felt like it was a regular challenge with multiple people joining when we were just challenging ourselves. Before I joined them I thought that a few minutes in. So yeah hopefully we get improvements. We actually just scored a great actress for one of the supporting characters.

I honestly noticed that too. The guy putting up the postings who was behind me, didn't say why. Was he spamming it or was it more of an advertisement or duplicates. I don't know. it's all good im very glad you're ramblin' im glad you're watching us. I'd love to operate one if I'm available. But that'll be up to Joe Grasso ;)

You should show the "Visits" tab on your webalizer stats. Hits and pages can be deceiving. Each time an image is loaded it's a hit. A visit is each person (by IP) that visited. I noticed that stat is left out ;)

You should show the "Visits" tab on your webalizer stats. Hits and pages can be deceiving. Each time an image is loaded it's a hit. A visit is each person (by IP) that visited. I noticed that stat is left out ;)
I'll definitely let them know. We aren't doing too bad with 200-500views per youtube vid.
Hopefully we can get the word out more.

No the stats look good I was just curious about the visits.

Wow...three REDs and only one location? Perhaps you might want to quickly create a second unit, and get some more footage here...seeing as how you haven't a lot of time, and definitely have the extra equipment.

Not sure how your lighting kits compare to your camera stache...but it seems like if you are in a hurry, I'd do some pickups with one of those REDs. I'd hate to have some dude fly out, lugging those heavy-ass REDs, only to use one of them. And I realize you can get double coverage with a second RED, but quite honestly, so many people talk about double coverage, and then they realize how much of a hassle it really is, and nix it...so I don't want to see your extra REDs go to waste...those things aren't cheap (nor light).

Good luck. I wish you guys all the luck in the world.

Admin, still no visits I can't find the stats page and everyone else here is off somewhere.
they're upstairs doing a script read through............We've hit 500,000 tho ;)

M1chea1, oh I know!! lol myself personally I want to be a cinematographer. I'm going to try to convince them to allow me to run around as a second unit getting more shots. I don't want it go to waste. Hell!! I'll barrow the third RED and make a short. As for lighting. I'm still learning everything. The environment is a warehouse party. With a lot of people. I personally would have it almost all back lit with the people dancing and some fog or smoke. Not sure what that technique is actually called? do you know? I'm not sure how that would look with double coverage either.

Not sure if they will, I think if they shoot it hand held fallowing the lead squeezing through the crowd. I think some stabbings happen. That with a strobe and dance lights would look really sharp on the RED.

Back