2012 MidKnightly Halloween Competition

any PDX'ers what to collaborate? Im short on cash but rich with gear!

EDIT: Sigh, doesn't anyone want to play with me?

Last edited:
I can't sadly collab with Dready because of school but should be able to come up with something by myself.

P.S. This something will be my entry for Film Riot's Halloween Challenge. Could I still enter it here? :D

Absolutely! Again, a special thanks credit or something to indietalk.com would be cool and help promote the site to the whole film riot audience :)

Thanks to this competition I found my new favorite store in the whole world: American Science and Surplus.

Coolest. Store. Ever.

That is all :cool:

I guess my film will be the ice breaker. But hey! You know what they say, save the best for the first one. Right? :)
Anyway, I present to you, THE ROOM ON THE LEFT.

"When a guy volunteered to watch over his friend's house over the weekend, he was advised not to go the basement. Will he let his curiosity get the best of him or can he ignore the temptation to find out the unknown?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18KsTT0N4Ow

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

I did come up with an idea for the contest, but won't be able to do anything with it for now. "The Little Death" - We all die between each heartbeat and are reborn when our hearts beat again. When you feel your heart skip a beat, it's because good and evil are battling for your soul. Every person, every heartbeat, every day an epic war is waged in the space between life and death. Every time good wins, your heart beats again. If evil wins, you die.

Anyone who thinks that they can make something of this idea is welcome to it. If you want a little help (and I mean very little), I'll be glad to pitch in what I can.

Very cool to see some coming in! :cool:

I'll be waiting til Halloween to watch them all, despite of there being a few early entries. Short film bonanza!

I won't be doing anything horror in the foreseeable future, but I have a horror / action adventure short based on two vampire books I wrote back in the 1990s and made around the year 2001 here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldvADyOwB9A

Like Zensteve, I also will be waiting until Halloween to watch them. Also, I'm really preoccupied with another project right now, so my entry into this contest will either be late, or really lame. But I'll do something.

Nothing like leaving things to the last min!
I have written, shot and edited my short film for your compitetion..... its... ummm... differant, next Halloween I will give myself longer the two weeks.

Will be uploaded and a link sent to you with in the next 12 hours (the 30th Midnight... UK)

I'm out.

I very disappointingly haven't had any inspiration come to me and was hoping to pull a scary... er... creepy rabbit outta my hat these last couple of days when personal tragedy yesterday evening just ruined the last hope I had in pulling off some last minute entry of any respectable quality.
My time and spirit are gone.

I look forward to seeing all entries and wish you all good luck.

Sincerely,

Ray

Sorry to hear about the personal tragedy ray. Hope everything gets better.

I'm also out this year, but preparing for a show on Thurday. I'm writing a pretty scary piece of music for it, which I will post for you guys to hear afterwards, but no halloween film :-(

I think my contribution is the creepy deadline ;) I know from personal experience that they can be extremely nerve wracking.

Because it took me almost all day to upload this version, I don't have any time left for the tweeks I want to do!

but HERE we are... 2 weeks to make a horror film under 10 mins

http://youtu.be/4NbbyNrWGNo

hope you enjoy..... its set as unlisted on youtube untill tomorrow so I can share it with my 'friends' on Halloween!

Back