3) Shrek 2
4) Dogma
5) The Breakfast Club
6) Back To The Future
7) Desperado
8) Battle Royale
9) Road Trip
10) Blade 2

and too many others!:) Oh, and hello everybody!

list o' ten

My list in no pecticluar order.. cause I am too lazy for that:

1. Pulp Fiction
2. ET
3. Desperado
4. Jay and Silent Bob Stirke Back
5. Kill Bill
6. Spiderman
7. Four Rooms
8. A Life Less Ordinary
9. BASEketball
10. Dumb and Dumber

I would like to point out all those "classics" were not viewed in any of my film classes :)

Yes, Goonies rules. You either love it or hate. Hmmm, name ten. Like so many, hard to name just ten, but here it goes. Not in any order.

1) Hedwig and the Angry INch
2) Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure
3) Streets of Fire
4) Trainspotting
5) Metropolis (the colorized version with the rock soundtrack, when is that going to be released on DVD!!!)
6) Cabinet of Dr. Caligari
7) My Life as a Dog
8) The Graduate
9) Tombstone
10) Young Guns II

ahab said:
5) Metropolis (the colorized version with the rock soundtrack, when is that going to be released on DVD!!!)
LOL, it's not even colorized, it's just tinted. So funny.

ahab said:
6) Cabinet of Dr. Caligari
Great pick!

indietalk said:

I'm just glad you knew what I was talking about! I've had people look at me like I'm crazy when I bring that up. I really do wish I could find a copy of that somewhere. I think I rented it when I was a kid (because I saw a video from it on MTV), and it was the only time I've ever seen it. I love the original version (which I saw years later - many times), but the cheesy tinted one has stuck with me ever since that one and only viewing.

Metropolis anime

SuperSoupy said:
have any of you guys seen the anime of Metropolis? Im not sure if its based on the other movies, but its a cool film.

Sorry, never saw it, but I heard many good reviews. It just played theatres not too long ago, didn't it? I'm not certain, but I don't think it had any relation to the Fritz Lang film.

ahab said:
indietalk said:

I'm just glad you knew what I was talking about! I've had people look at me like I'm crazy when I bring that up. I really do wish I could find a copy of that somewhere. I think I rented it when I was a kid (because I saw a video from it on MTV), and it was the only time I've ever seen it. I love the original version (which I saw years later - many times), but the cheesy tinted one has stuck with me ever since that one and only viewing.

Yeah, I've seen it. If you like your 1920's German expressionism tinted with a little Queen and Pat Benatar thrown in, this version is a must see! :lol: (PS - the original theatrical version is available too) :)

Fritz Lang´s Metropolis and the 2001 anime film have similar themes, as both deal with futuritstic distopias. otherwise they are completely different films.
The 1930's film is of course a landmark in movie history but the cartoon is also groundbreaking in it´s own way, as it combines traditional 2d with CGI with stunning results.

An "off the top of my head" list:

punch-drunk love
bottlerocket
one flew over the cuckoo's nest
the shining
the big lebowski
garden state (saw it today!)
traffic
fight club
super troopers
animal house

Not a top ten I'll put money on, but 10/20 for sure...

k i'll just do the movies i've watched recently coz man i love movies... its too hard to think of my favourites.

Catch 22
Chinatown
Alexandra's Project
Elephant
House of Sand and Fog
Narc
Two Hands
The Man Who Wasnt There

hey, so I'm new, and what better way to introduce myself on a film site than to list my favorites (in no order):

2001 A Space Odyssey
the Exorcist
Fight Club
Blade Runner
the Big Lebowski
the first Matrix
Signs
Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back
Waking Life
Field of Dreams

and from here on out it gets more grey... I'm sure there are others that I'm forgetting, and I don't really like these types of lists anyway cause it's so hard to choose...

I love film scores. My favorites are:

1492 Conquest of Paradise by Vangelis (all time favorite)
A Thin red Line by Hans Zimmer
Crimson Tide by Hans Zimmer
Willow by James Horner
Batman (the first one) by Danny Elfman
the Rocketeer by James Horner
Jurassic Park (the first one) by John Williams

once again, it's hard to not list more, but these are by far my favorites.

Back