• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Secret Santa 2011

Just because I CAN'T ever remember these youtube upload specs I thought I might share a couple pages with you guys before you start encoding, which is where most upload problems occur.

http://support.google.com/youtube/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1297408

I can't tell if these directions are specific to .MOV and .MP4, or if youtube is just trying to get these two formats to geehaw with their system.
Click Options and make the following changes to Video settings:
Compression Type: H.264
Frame Rate: 30 is preferred. 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97 are also acceptable.
Data Rate: Automatic
Key Frames: Automatic
Frame Reordering: Unchecked

http://support.google.com/youtube/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=55744

Merry Christmas Pete!! Merry Christmas to everybody here on IndieTalk!

(I need to sincerely apologise in advance to all my American brethren... My fake American accent is terrible... Seemed like a good idea at the time. I was aiming for Film Noir, and when I think of Film Noir, that's the voice I hear in my head... Once again, sorry...)

Anyhow... Here goes nothing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHXofcFEID4

Nice video too, Wheat! Definately feeling the "acid-trip" vibe... Could probably just watch your video on repeat and not have another drink all Christmas!

Great job Wheatgrinder. I liked the trippy video. The song was interesting too.

I liked your video Mad Hatter. We done. I like the style of your video. I like chocolate too.

Wheat that was freakin' awesome! You're getting really good at AE. And it's refreshing to see someone who's learned mainly from Copilot tuts but doesn't just use the 'out of the box' effects, if you know what I mean?

Hatter that was really funny! The narration was a great noir satire ( but what is this American accent of which you speak? j/k lol). If you like satire-ish noir you should check out Guy Noir: Private Eye. It's a segment on a weekly live radio show here called A Prairie Home Companion. Funny stuff :)

"...it didn't work." :lol:

And Merry Christmas Eve, to all my IT sisters and brothers!

Merry Christmas, Paper Twin Productions!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=308NrE5xj1Y

I'm sorry this isn't better, but forces were working against me. First, I haven't been able to come up with a decent story in months and it's pissing me off. So I decided I'd make a little postcard tour down Detroit's fabled 8 Mile Road at night, so you could see the twinkling lights. But then I learned that Detroit hasn't been able to afford to maintain the streetlights in the city for years, so there wasn't enough light. So I decided I'd take a drive down in the daytime during a snowfall, but alas...we haven't had any snow. So I drove down during the day and it looks like any random day.

Anyway, the music is Motown good...the sentiment is real...and really, look closely and you can see it is true you can get ANYTHING on 8 Mile. Strip clubs next to roller rinks, hubcap shops next to vacant lots, store fixtures next to used mattress stores, storefront religion next to bars, hourly rate motels next to police stations. I bet you Santa gets most of his presents on 8 Mile.

Merry Christmas, Indietalk!

Wheat -
That is pretty [expletive] awesome.
Some real time and love went into that.
I'm impressed.

Mad Hatter -
ALLLLL [expletive] RIIIIIIGHT!
Super duper debut!
Very well done.

Uranium -
Solidarity, brother.
Been there.
Done that.
One perfectly beautiful plan gets buggered.
Fine.
Fall back to plan B.
Which of course also gets buggered.
Fall back to C
Which...
D
Which...
E
Which...
ARRRRRGGGH!!!!
CAN I GET A [EXPLETIVE] BREAK?! CAN I?! PLEASE?!

Hi-5 on joining the party!

Last edited:

Go ahead.
Click on the elf.
I dare you.
:lol:

Wow, Ray, I'm honoured. That was amazing.

I wasn't sure whether to click the elf because, with you, you never know where it might take you! But I'm glad I did! :D

The time and effort that you must've put into that is simply phenomenal and I'm not sure how I can pay you back other than with a big smile! The animation repeatedly made me laugh out loud (that's my English Faculty you pictured there and I've been to lectures by Prof Godden) and I'm going to send it to all the other people who do Anglo-Saxon on my course! :yes:

Thanks again Ray, that was a wonderful early Christmas present. Tomorrow has quite a lot to live up to! :lol:

That was awesome, Mad hatter! I'm overflowing with chocolate at the moment.

I'll be uploading shortly. I apologize in advance to the recipient of this video...

Back