• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Doctor Bernard Presents - webseries

concept_art.jpg

I'm currently developing a new sketch comedy webseries called Doctor Bernard Presents.
The above image is a mock-up/promo poster. Hopefully it piques your interest. :)

Currently in the writing stage, I've got several sketches written as well as several more
waiting to be written. I'm hoping to start filming a few of the more polished and easy-to-make
sketches next month while I continue to write more. With luck I'll be able to get a 'regular' cast
with real improv/comedy training (shouldn't be too hard in Chicago).

Planned release after the completion of 2-3 episodes this fall.

Let me know what you think of the concept or the artwork. And keep an eye on this thread
for updates on the project! :D

Last edited:
The top hat, cane, and eyes give me the impression of A Clockwork Orange; something a bit nefarious, dark and creepy. But then the blue colors soften that up for me, which creates an interesting mix of emotions. Wishing you all the best for a successful launch of skits and sketches!

* is it possible to get a 30 second promo clip (maybe even 15?) produced and uploaded for the YouTube channel? Something that demonstrates the tone of the show and introduce us to Dr. Bernard? Just a thought.

Last edited:
Thanks for taking a look, Jeff :)

Yeah I would say the humor and especially the character of the 'host' could be described as dark and maybe creepy. But also debauched. Well 2 out of 3 ain't bad. But I'm finding it hard to pinpoint the overall tone of the series as I see it. As it's sketch comedy I feel it should be light and will probably have many different tones depending on the sketch. Know-what-I-mean?

I like the idea of a little teaser promo. I'm planning on filming some of the intro and filler content next week. Well see what comes up!

Thanks again for the feedback and the good wishes!

Definitely looks interesting.

Intrigued to see how you're going to ease such a peculiar looking character into a webseries, timewise. What era have you got in mind?

Reminds me of the guy from "The Smashing Pumpkins".

Intrigued to see how you're going to ease such a peculiar looking character into a webseries, timewise. What era have you got in mind?

I picture him as a circus ring-leader or the host of a variety show. But as far as fitting material for the character in, there won't be much. I see an opening line and maybe a line or guitar riff between sketches.

The character does have a sketch that he originated from. So that will go in either the first or second webisode. It all depends on how long I end up making each webisode, which is dependent on how long the individual sketches are.

As for the 'era,' I'm not sure I know what you mean? Do you just mean what time period is is set in? None in particular. Or maybe you could say the show exists outside of our space-time continuum. It is both all time periods and no time period ;)

Clockwork Orange, Willy Wonka & Joker are three things that pop into my head for that poster.

Will definitely check it out when there's something to watch. :cool:

I most certainly got a circus vibe. I was wondering whether it was to be set in a certain period, or, to go one step further, an alternate reality.

Plenty of leg room with this. This calls for "Production Diary II".

I thought he was going to be a maniacal psychitrist...

Is it Bernard as in the English name that might be shortened to Bernie, or Bernard as in Bernard from Death of a Salesman?

I will be following with interest! I've kicked around the idea of doing a web-based shorts mini series, you're actually doing it, good for you! I'll be interested to watch and hear your experiences with it-I love the poster and this sounds an interesting concept!

Thanks guys! I'll keep you updated, for sure.

Is it Bernard as in the English name that might be shortened to Bernie, or Bernard as in Bernard from Death of a Salesman?

There's a difference?

But actually Sean and I have been pronouncing 'Doctor Bernard' with a strange French accent :P If that answers your question...

Production Diary 6/15/2011

Episode one is assembled. Four sketches plus a song (which shall be animated). Estimated running time should be around 12 minutes.

I just put out a crew call on CL. Shooting date set for July 10th and 11th to shoot the first two sketches. I'll be contacting some actors very shortly to fill the roles.

I've never met anyone named Bernard either. But there are some famous American Bernies. Which I would assume is just Bernard for short. Bernie Sanders. Bernie Madoff...

Back