• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Secret Santas Videos!

FINALLY!!! This is my first project i've done solo and i ran into every problem imaginable! My computer isn't liking After Effects right now so I had to ditch my kick ass time travel video and take a different route. I hope you all enjoy. I had a lot of fun making this video. Merry Christmas UraniumCity!

Monkey Revenge
A discarded monkey gets revenge on his christmas foe!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6TLE0Ppteg

That was fantastic! Totally cinematic, creeped me out! in a fun way.. lol..

Well, goddamn. I kept meaning to check on this thread - I wondered what the hell was going on in here.

Fantastic job, everyone!

Can we start choosing for next year?

:)

I haven't been around IndieTalk that long, but assumed something like this had been done before. I'm thinking it would be more a friendly challenge than a competition. No high stakes or wild expectations; simply here's a genre, a theme, maybe a prop, a character or what have you... post your movie in a month.

The Christmas/holiday theme came through with the Secret Santa videos so it's not a leap to imagine folks here putting something together that is creative and fun with more time.

In the end, just a way to keep the gears turning while working on other projects.

Cheers!

Jeff

Great idea jeff. Kinda reminds me of filmfights.com

... still waiting for my official gift, or at least a good but kissing! :)

My family, facebook friends, etc are all excited to see what I got, and now it looks like nobody loves me :( I need validation, I have one feeling and now.. its hurt.

I'm sorry on behalf of all the Secret Santaers that Wheat has not received his present... SinEater, if you're out there, put down that slice of sin and get filming! :D

I was thinking about the competition style thing that was suggested earlier and I had a slightly different thought.

I'm not sure how useful running it as a competition would be because there are some people on this forum who are doing this professionally and others, like me, who do it as a hobby. So unless we just run it as a show and tell there'd be little point in having deadlines or rules...etc.

Instead what I thought is that (collectively) we could put together a short script based on ideas that we all have. The idea of the script would be to produce a film that can be made collectively by all sorts of different Indietalkers. Obviously there wouldn't be much character interaction, except for within the scenes, but we could focus it around the idea of an online community. It would be cool as well because it could be truly globe trotting... One scene someone's disarming a bomb in New York, the next is a car chase through the streets of London, the next is a marriage proposal in Madrid...etc.

Obviously it would have to be carefully organised and would take a while to put together, but if ten members each chipped in 5 minutes of footage we could have a really neat, inventive short film.

What do you peeps think of this?

fun idea.. I believe I dropped the ball on the "Best movie ever" effort last year, why? I dont know? I just got excited about something else..

To me, a more "focused" and one man doable tasks" would be more likely to have my participation. Something that I can start and finish in a weekend etc. Maybe like a weekly challenge along the lines of

• 30 seconds of the most suspenseful footage you can film and edit NO SOUND
  • Film yourself performing a soliloquy\or monologue from Hamlet. Must use 3 point lighting.
  • Complete the scene. (we all start with the same opening lines of dialogue..then finish it the way we think it should end)
  • Edit Only. Somebody films some footage and posts it, the rest try and make a scene from it in edit.
  • Audio Only. Record \ create the best fart sound effect you can
  • Film someone (extra points if its you) doing stand up comedy In front of pets or farm animals. Laugh track to be provided.

you see where Im going..

of

• 30 seconds of the most suspenseful footage you can film and edit NO SOUND
  • Film yourself performing a soliloquy\or monologue from Hamlet. Must use 3 point lighting.
  • Complete the scene. (we all start with the same opening lines of dialogue..then finish it the way we think it should end)
  • Edit Only. Somebody films some footage and posts it, the rest try and make a scene from it in edit.
  • Audio Only. Record \ create the best fart sound effect you can
  • Film someone (extra points if its you) doing stand up comedy In front of pets or farm animals. Laugh track to be provided.

I like these ideas (I also love the LIST tags, didn't know they existed)... Those could certainly be doable, possibly on a monthly basis. I just wonder about participation- the Secret Santa worked because everyone (except SinEater) knew that they had to get their video up before Christmas. But if we just do it as a training exercise then I worry that people would be less inclined to meet deadlines, that it would slip out of consciousness, that we wouldn't get the best response possible...

But I do like the ideas there and that's definitely worth a try. Just thought I might repost my idea, because it slipped over the page and I would like to know what other people think of it.

Nick 'Scourge of Germs' Hilton said:
Instead what I thought is that (collectively) we could put together a short script based on ideas that we all have. The idea of the script would be to produce a film that can be made collectively by all sorts of different Indietalkers. Obviously there wouldn't be much character interaction, except for within the scenes, but we could focus it around the idea of an online community. It would be cool as well because it could be truly globe trotting... One scene someone's disarming a bomb in New York, the next is a car chase through the streets of London, the next is a marriage proposal in Madrid...etc.

Obviously it would have to be carefully organised and would take a while to put together, but if ten members each chipped in 5 minutes of footage we could have a really neat, inventive short film.

I remember that someone on here started making a joke script about Indietalk members and then all sorts of other members started popping up and adding little bits to it. My idea is that we do something like that but try and thrash it down to a feasible idea. Then we put something together as a community... possible?

Start a new thread for that, and ask a mod to move the relevant ideas/posts over.

This thread is for Santa movies.
smiley_santa.gif

Back