Need help with ideas on funding

So my producing partner and I have just started looking for investors for my directorial feature film debut. We are looking to raise anywhere from $500,000 to $2.5 million. It's a romantic thriller (think Match Point meeting The Ice Storm).

So far we have been contacting real estate agents and dentists. We just started three days ago so we hope as we contact more we get a lot of interests. A few real estate agents did say that they will get back to me.

Outside of crowdfunding ( I am just not popular enough) what else can I do? I had my agent submit my script to a production company for me. I have reached out to some stars (one of which actually seems interested). And I have video auditions for all of the roles. What is a good plan of action right now?

I tried to get another producer and line producer on board. But they have kinda flaked on me. But I figure with my producing partner that I don't really need another producer. Maybe a line producer once we get money.

I am probably going to look up some indie film production companies and send over the script as well. We are looking to shoot as early as April.

My last short has been submitted to Sundance, SXSW, Slamdance, and TriBeCa, and it will be submitted to several others. So when it gets into some of these festivals that will surely help.

Any ideas? Anyone interested in coming on board?

Well things have been progressing pretty well.

I've gotten an eager producer on board with some very good connects. We are now speaking with investors. We are looking to make a prequel short film to show to some of these investors as well to help our case.

I've cast my lead actresses. Finding the other male actors has been more of a challenge. But perhaps we can get some sort of name for those roles.

After some calculations I came up with a figure that was well below $1 million. Actually below $500,000. The goal is to now not exceed $500,000.

We've also gotten a great DP and a great composer on board as well.

Things are actually going pretty smoothly. I quite enjoy pre production. Having a real producer has freed me up a bit too. I can focus more of the story, ideas, and my performance.

This is great news! In just over 3 months you've gone from producers flaking
on you to an eager producer with good connections. And some cast and crew.
Glad to hear things have worked out so well.

Back