Torbtown

Tina:

Fantasia 2000? ya, meh, blah, mmph...

BUT

That bit with the whales?? *dreamy sigh*

I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for that bit... it's the Alaska in me.

And Star Wars, ya, before he went back and tinkered with it...
Summer of '77 was the right time / right place for that flick to hit me...
I was 12... a goofy, awkward age for a boy (any kid, really)
my folks had just split up the year before so I was feeling more than
a little lost and confused and alone...
And there was Luke... a goofy, awkward boy, lost, alone, confused...
Man oh man how I connected with that!

None of the subsequent films in the series ever waved my flag.
I was disappointed in all of them... perhaps because they failed
to capture that "right time / right place" thing for me...
But that first one? Yep, spot on with that.
Good call Tina!

If you ever wonder if Im serious, it best to just assume I'm not :)

You got think skin, I like that, in the same way I like beef jerky. (sounds like a good line for a script... use it with my blessing)

I dub the Torbjon The Verbose!
all hail Torbjon The Verbose, the coward of Fantasia!

If I were you, Id blame my parents, its the "in" thing to do!

(freaking A, what is this a group therapy session?)

Wheatgrinder:

I believe the first words my daughter ever spoke to me were:

"you talk too much"

Thick skin is kind of a requirement in my profession: Jack of all trades but master of none.

You do know that I spent ten years of my life living on a rock, in Alaska, working in an abattoir, yes?

here's a shot of me in the fridge on a typical day of work... it's -20C (-4F) in there:
psg153fridge.jpg

after that I spent ten years in NYC which some folks consider to be rather hard core...

and that ain't even the half of it.

Hey, I LIKED Fantasia, remember? *pokes* It was Dreadylocks that had the stuff scared out of 'em by that flick, not me...
(although the Mickey bit IS a bit spooky if yer a kid expecting the more traditional playful Mickey romp)

If you ever wonder if Im serious, it best to just assume I'm not :)

You got think skin, I like that, in the same way I like beef jerky. (sounds like a good line for a script... use it with my blessing)

I dub the Torbjon The Verbose!
all hail Torbjon The Verbose, the coward of Fantasia!

If I were you, Id blame my parents, its the "in" thing to do!

(freaking A, what is this a group therapy session?)

Is it me, or that lend itself to a particularly vivid image-not that there's anything wrong with that ;):lol:

I agree with you Torbjon on the Whales in F 2000, they were my favorite too, I had my hopes up after watching that sequence....and then bleh.

I think I'll open a thread about this subject movies that impacted you as a child-don't want to derail anything :)

Yeah Mickey was scary in that, but what really stands out to me is that giant red demon winged thing. *shudder*

But yeah, thick or thin skin, this forum will turn you into a softy. Or maybe you'll turn us all into jaded cynics.. either way it should be entertaining.

To work in a freezer in Alaska seems a bit redundant to me. Just sayin'....

Yeah Mickey was scary in that, but what really stands out to me is that giant red demon winged thing. *shudder*

But yeah, thick or thin skin, this forum will turn you into a softy. Or maybe you'll turn us all into jaded cynics.. either way it should be entertaining.

To work in a freezer in Alaska seems a bit redundant to me. Just sayin'....

This forum is really amazing that way. I go to other (non movie related) forums, and most of them are filled half with people trying to actually have discussion, and the other half trolling, name calling, insulting, just general poor behavior, but anytime a moderator says something they cry "free speech!"-free speech is one thing, calling someone names, belittling or insulting isn't freedom of speech, it's just plain unkind.

Whatever the moderators do on these boards, you get my thumbs up-my favorite forum to come to :)

-free speech is one thing, calling someone names, belittling or insulting isn't freedom of speech, it's just plain unkind.

Actually it's both. But when someone agrees to some terms of use on a board, it's the mod's right to take action if it's violated.

Actually it's both. But when someone agrees to some terms of use on a board, it's the mod's right to take action if it's violated.

I see your point, kinda let my personal view get in the way(I don't see how insulting someone needlessly is free speech, but that's my POV :))

And yes, agreement of terms. Too bad other boards don't always enforce it (of course, my favorite comeback "If you don't like, there's the ignore button").

Whatever happened to civility?

As far as the pay gig goes *laughs* hey, I'm a commie to the Nth degree, I'm not lookin' to get rich (though, like you, I doubt I'd turn down the big contract). Nawww... I just want to work in a field that I'm passionate about... in a dream world said work would also help me feed my kid and pay a few of my meager bills, tha's all.
I wonder if these two ideals (being a commie and making a living
doing what you’re passionate about) are compatible. In a
capitalist democracy you can make your dream world come true.
Many, many people who work in the movie business are able to feed
their families and pay their bills. The vast majority (over 90%)
of the people working in this business aren’t rich but are living
the dream and paying the bills.

I'm insanely curious about a few of the threads in there... the screenwriters one is of particular interest at the moment...
Ask away! Here or on the “Screenwriting” forum that’s open to
everyone. You’ll get your answers.

While clearly my avatar doesn’t fit your criteria, my screen name
might. Does it?

To avoid confusion: I’m just ribbing you a bit with my “commie”
and avatar/screen name comment.

directorick.. Im glad you said it and not me.. lol..

Who is John Galt anyway?

Torbjon,
Sorry bout that, I got my crossed wires, I mean why crosses, I mean wires crossed..

Back