• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Pilot aiming for NETFLIX!

That actually means a lot. Thanks! We're going to try to get in touch with them, God it would be cool. Haha, you said it; can't spoil that moment! You'll just have to wait and see :) Thanks!

I'm really hoping it's not just a coincidence, as that would be kind of lame :) Also, having watched the trailer again, I kind of agree that the main actor lets the tone down a bit. Not hugely, but it is noticeable.

Where will it be possible to see the pilot? The trailer only mentions a release date for Norway.

Do you have the remaining episodes already written? Or is it all tightly plotted but not yet scripted?

Color me impressed. Truly and in a way that rarely happens to me watching indie films.

Screw film school. Keep doing what you're doing. That cinematography is pro-level.

Your cinematography is really strong. This is an example of a typical film school project which isn't great. It's a few years old so was a 5D MkII but your cinematography is at a much higher level already.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz5uSYtAgVc

If you have the money to go to an excellent film school then go. If you want to go to an average one - just don't bother. It's pointless as your level is stronger.

I think I know what you mean, and would love to hear back from you if you figure out that "little thing", because that might help us in the actual pilot!

The thoughts I had were 3 pronged. At the time were along the lines of the casting for the clown was wrong. I couldn't tell if he carried the character well enough to lead a show. The pacing seemed off. You had different pacing throughout the sample. I think the writing needs to pop more in the down scenes.

Those are just suspicions. You could be right on the mark.

I think I know what is missing, its the wow factor, its the high peak, I just havent seen it yet, for example in the matrix when it first came out it looked freakin cool, but when he did the bullet time or fighting everyone was like WOW!!

Christopher nolan - the dark knight, its what he did with the joker everyone was like WOW

its this wow factor that is missing, its something i think that develops with a director or writer.

in Drive, we had a handsome quiet hero type of guy who also drove very well, then he suddenly exploded that was his wow factor, he had major sex appeal in a way that hadnt been done before.

Ong Bak, the fighting choreography was superb.

each movie has its own mark, something that is much better than what we have seen before, with each director they have this mark that they leave, with you i dont feel you have learned what that is yet and to be honest not many people get it until they are around 30 years old, some have hit younger but you know its a chance thing.

I think you could definitly do it, but what is going to be your wow factor? personally i think you would be better off spending $10,000 on actors which i think is your weak link at the moment, they are good and better than what i have come across but they are weakening your production, with your completed films I believe you could easily attract excellent performing actors..

but your a better director than me, so what would i know, im just the audience ;)

Thanks again for such encouraging comments! Means a lot to us :)

I'm really hoping it's not just a coincidence, as that would be kind of lame :) Also, having watched the trailer again, I kind of agree that the main actor lets the tone down a bit. Not hugely, but it is noticeable.

Where will it be possible to see the pilot? The trailer only mentions a release date for Norway.

Do you have the remaining episodes already written? Or is it all tightly plotted but not yet scripted?

Haha, this is true. Hm, well I'm sure the pilot will convince you otherwise! He's a talented guy.
Sadly, the pilot only screens in a theater in Norway this March, and won't be available internationally until we find a studio/distributor. Of course, if all else fails, it will be put up for free, probably on iTunes or something similar.

Do you wanna see good ones or bad ones?
I could also volunteer.

I guess I wanna see both!:) Great, we'll stay in touch then!

Your cinematography is really strong. This is an example of a typical film school project which isn't great. It's a few years old so was a 5D MkII but your cinematography is at a much higher level already.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz5uSYtAgVc

If you have the money to go to an excellent film school then go. If you want to go to an average one - just don't bother. It's pointless as your level is stronger.

Hey thanks, I'll have a look at it. Means a lot, I'll definitely take it into consideration.

The thoughts I had were 3 pronged. At the time were along the lines of the casting for the clown was wrong. I couldn't tell if he carried the character well enough to lead a show. The pacing seemed off. You had different pacing throughout the sample. I think the writing needs to pop more in the down scenes.

Those are just suspicions. You could be right on the mark.

Hm, maybe. The point was to pace it oddly for each "sequence" of the trailer though: intro, the love part, and final act. But you might be right, a place for me to improve. However, I do feel like the actor holds up in the pilot, so I'm excited to hear people's reactions!

I think I know what is missing, its the wow factor, its the high peak, I just havent seen it yet, for example in the matrix when it first came out it looked freakin cool, but when he did the bullet time or fighting everyone was like WOW!!

Christopher nolan - the dark knight, its what he did with the joker everyone was like WOW

its this wow factor that is missing, its something i think that develops with a director or writer.

in Drive, we had a handsome quiet hero type of guy who also drove very well, then he suddenly exploded that was his wow factor, he had major sex appeal in a way that hadnt been done before.

Ong Bak, the fighting choreography was superb.

each movie has its own mark, something that is much better than what we have seen before, with each director they have this mark that they leave, with you i dont feel you have learned what that is yet and to be honest not many people get it until they are around 30 years old, some have hit younger but you know its a chance thing.

I think you could definitly do it, but what is going to be your wow factor? personally i think you would be better off spending $10,000 on actors which i think is your weak link at the moment, they are good and better than what i have come across but they are weakening your production, with your completed films I believe you could easily attract excellent performing actors..

but your a better director than me, so what would i know, im just the audience ;)

That is a good point. Getting there is a skill. Feel free to check out our YouTube channel, as I think we touched it a little with our "Deja Vu" short years ago. Anyway, I see what you mean and respect it a lot. The audience is after all who's going to watch it, and who we made this for - so it definitely matters. The little wow factor we have I guess is our age, and the weirdness of this whole show. So we'll wait and see, hope the pilot might have that little spark!

Thanks guys,
Jarand

Haha, this is true. Hm, well I'm sure the pilot will convince you otherwise! He's a talented guy.
Sadly, the pilot only screens in a theater in Norway this March, and won't be available internationally until we find a studio/distributor. Of course, if all else fails, it will be put up for free, probably on iTunes or something similar.

Seriously? You're going to lap up the praise on here, and then not let any of us watch it without going to Norway?!? :P

Best of luck with it though. You didn't answer my question about the remaining episodes. Are they already written/scripted? How long a run have you mapped out for it if you do get interest from Netflix or Lovefilm or whatever?

Sent you a PM.

Just replied!

Seriously? You're going to lap up the praise on here, and then not let any of us watch it without going to Norway?!? :P

Best of luck with it though. You didn't answer my question about the remaining episodes. Are they already written/scripted? How long a run have you mapped out for it if you do get interest from Netflix or Lovefilm or whatever?

Haha, believe me- if it was up to me like this, I'd release it internationally free-of-charge to anyone who had interest in watching it. Sadly, if we're going to pitch this, the pilot being public can cause huge trouble. But hey, I'll tell you all the moment it's available on some sort of platform!

Sorry, didn't see that one. Everything's mapped out for an entire season, second episode is already written and we've put together a "structure" and "atmosphere" sheet for the series base, in case someone takes over :)

Thanks guys,
Jarand

Sorry, didn't see that one. Everything's mapped out for an entire season, second episode is already written and we've put together a "structure" and "atmosphere" sheet for the series base, in case someone takes over :)

Cool. And is it written just by you? Or do you have a mini-writers' room? I apologise for all the questions. I'm genuinely interested in the process of writing for TV, and this 'homemade' pilot is a fascinating new angle. Would it be possible to see a script, or part of a script?

Also, if you're looking for writers... :)

This is outstanding. Nicely done, you'll go very far very quickly.

Hey thanks, that's our goal :)

Cool. And is it written just by you? Or do you have a mini-writers' room? I apologise for all the questions. I'm genuinely interested in the process of writing for TV, and this 'homemade' pilot is a fascinating new angle. Would it be possible to see a script, or part of a script?

Also, if you're looking for writers... :)

No worries, man, I know the feeling!
The first two episodes have been written by just me, but we have had a small "mini writers room" meeting about where the season will be further, and we will hire writers that I feel can drive the story further if we get green lit. I agree, the indie business of Cinema has really taken a step forward. We hope that this might inspire others to try the same :)

Send me something you've written, super interested in reading it!
E-mail: jarandandjens@gmail.com

Hmm, sounds like it's time for an Indietalk roadtrip!

Haha, this really made my day!

I'm usually really lazy to comment anything here, but this time I just had to come and throw a comment!

The cinematography, editing, lighting and the overall visual style were spectacular in this one. Although the look is "realistic", it's not boring in any way! This really screams out professional production value and skills. Congratulations, seriously! And best of luck in getting your work to a commercial platform, you have deserved it.

I'm usually really lazy to comment anything here, but this time I just had to come and throw a comment!

The cinematography, editing, lighting and the overall visual style were spectacular in this one. Although the look is "realistic", it's not boring in any way! This really screams out professional production value and skills. Congratulations, seriously! And best of luck in getting your work to a commercial platform, you have deserved it.

Thank you so much, haha, overwhelmed by all this nice feedback! Glad you liked it!

Hahahahahah damn it, I want to watch this....it looks awesome..well done :) :) :)

Let us know when its out in full. I have to watch it.

So glad you liked it, I'll be sure to let you know when it's available! :)

Thanks guys!

Holy wow. You're a perfect combination of available resources and inner talent. And you're only going to get better. Very inspiring! When I was in high school I couldn't imagine shooting anything that looked like this. Amazing work!

Back