• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Talking Dead - Winner!

So, there's been a couple problems for people when they try to view this. Please let me know if you can't view our movie for whatever reasons.

Hi Dylan61, I loaded your piece, but can't view it. I'm a ma-roon when it comes to these things, so here's my dumb question. In WMP and Quicktime it says it doesn't recognize the codec, do I need to load a new audio codec for this?

Bird -- This format works best with QuickTime. I have version 6.5 of QT and it plays fine. You may have to open Quicktime first, then open this file to play it.

Thanks John. Just tried it again and all I get is "Couldn't open the file 'talkingdead2.mp4' because it is not a file that Quicktime understands".

Bird- you're a super-fan... I think you've clocked at least 20 hours of time watching these entries! Kudos!

Bird,

I feel really bad if you went through all the time to download our movie and then it didn't work. Did it work yet? Is there anything I can do?

Hey Dylan61,

I'm the forum whiner:D...I just have to load a new version of QT (which I will start just as I leave for work tonight), then I should be able to view your piece, can't wait considering the great reviews your getting!

I agree with all of the previous posts about the quality, production, (the fact that it's an inspiring piece of work), etc., but what held my attention was your set! I was enthralled the moment that elevator started moving.
The basement looked amazing, and you did wonderful work with that corpse!
Very eye-catching with a strong visual impact. Everything was captured very nicely. Thanks for sharing!

Great job...can't add much more than the others, but I do have a suggestion...I want to see it as a feature!! Too many questions that I want to ask about!

Chris

cibao said:
I want to see it as a feature!! Too many questions that I want to ask about!

Hopefully some rich guy will feel like seeing a feature as well. Although, the feature we make most likely won't have anything to do with this story. Anyway, what kind of questions do you have?...Keeping in mind, this story is purposely open ended.

Well now that you mention it...I've got a twenty here with your name on it...give me two weeks, and I MIGHT have another five!! You can start casting right away!!:lol:

The questions I have are all about the lead in...why, how and how long. Nothing that can be answered until you write the prequel!!

Chris

I'm glad I was able to view your piece. I second everything mentioned above. Text book example of classic composition, cutting, narrative. Nuanced sound and effects made it even creepier. Well done!

I will be withdrawing "Talking Dead" from the competition. I'll write more in the ITOOFC thread. Thanks to everyone who honestly voted for us and gave us honest feedback. We really do appreciate it. Unfortunately, the internet does allow for a lot of dishonesty although I couldn't be more honest in saying that we didn't intentionally try to be this way. Again, I'm sorry if it appears that we did.

dylan61 said:
I will be withdrawing "Talking Dead" from the competition. I'll write more in the ITOOFC thread. Thanks to everyone who honestly voted for us and gave us honest feedback. We really do appreciate it. Unfortunately, the internet does allow for a lot of dishonesty although I couldn't be more honest in saying that we didn't intentionally try to be this way. Again, I'm sorry if it appears that we did.
The poll is already closed for all films, and no one is being blamed, it's simply a management decision, but you are welcome to stay in the jury competition. Please let me know.

Back