• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

NEW WIRELESS FOLLOW FOCUS HF

Check the user's country. English is probably not his/her first language.

You don't have to be a douche about it .

What I mean by he is talking like a robot is that I see a lot of people who promote their products and everytime someone ask them question they start talking about how great the company is without actually answer and give much information .

Their product is great but most of the people on the forum are DIY filmmakers and most of them don't have the money for the cheapest follow focus on the market and I am not talking about myself only .

I don't agree that there is no point of such remote follow focus system ,in fact I would love to get my hands on one , but frankly a no budget filmmakers is not going to buy himself a remote follow focus since there are a lot more things to think about before throwing 1500 + dollars for FF .

Anyway I wish you best of luck with your product I am pretty sure a lot of people such as steadicam operators are looking to get one .

Last edited:
Doesn't look "innovative". What's wrong with a regular follow focus system? You get the same results. It's basically a follow focus system controlled from a remote. This looks like an overpriced toy disguised as an important filmmaking tool.

What's wrong with a regular FF system is that you can't pull focus on a Steadicam, Jib, Crane, or remote head attached to any of the previous with a regular Follow Focus.
The concept itself is nothing new.

The issue with new/cheap wireless Follow Focus systems is you're kind of pigeon-holing yourself into a certain budget level and are going to find it difficult to move out of that.
ACs working on the higher budget stuff are using Prestons and are extremely happy with Preston FIZ units. They're used to them, they request them and many Steadiops buy Preston FIZ units to cater to ACs.
If you don't have quite enough money for a Preston, you get a Bartech. Also a great brand that ACs are used to. Both have incredible reputation. Both have spent quite a lot of time honing their systems based on user feedback from some of the best ACs in the world. Both are what gets requested and used all the time on most higher budget sets as they're solid, trustable units.

When you bring a new, espsecially cheap, product, you have no reputation - and especially being a 'Version 1' you potentially still have kinks and bugs to fix. Now, assuming that's the market you want - those who could never afford a Preston or Bartech - that's fine, but I would perhaps say that it limits your market. I've only ever been on productions where they've either: had the money to rent a Preston or Bartech, or had no money to even consider renting or purchasing a wireless FF (espsecially, seemingly, only wireless FF, and no iris or zoom control).
It's a weird market - it's like an owner/operator who happens to own a cheap steadi or jib but can't also afford the wireless follow that is necessary for most shots...

I wish you the best of luck.

Back